Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411677 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 08:34:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1969228 times)
richie
Level 0

the catalyst for change is a vending machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5440 on: June 28, 2012, 08:25:31 AM »

Greetings members of earth.

My name is Richie Hoagland, but you can call me by my alias Pjchardt.  It is French.  I went to City Hall because they were kicking us out of our office and they spelled my name wrong, so the fine folks at City Hall think my name is Pjchardt.  Pjcahrdt is the president of Fantastical Franchises, Pjchardt will not give me a job. 

I am the Creative Director at Super Soul:www.supersoul.co.  We started a year ago, just released our first commercial title Compromised www.compromisedgame.com, for XBLIG.  It is just 2 of us, we spend our free time participating in game jams, trying to release mice paratroopers on the unsuspecting population of Lexington, Kentucky, and making art installations.

I grew up on Nintendo and SNES.  I spent most of my youth playing Castlevania trying to beat the Grim Reaper.  Then my older brother convinced me to trade Castlevania for Airwolf.  Anyone who has played Airwolf is probably laughing right now.  Does it help if you knew I also paid $8?  I am still sore about that trade.  In 6 grade I became friends with a guy who introduced my to JRPG's (what, Secret of Mana can take 70 hours!), and thus went the rest of my youth. 

I do art, design and some code.
@pjchardt
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: June 29, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »

Meh, I'm back again.

It's been a while, but I'm here with a new game WIP which isn't ready for the public yet. It's gonna be fun on a stick!

bleh
ryanbrightrock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: June 30, 2012, 11:55:20 AM »

Hey there I'm Ryan, I've been making games for about 5 years.  I've just finished my first iPad app release.  I'm really influenced by jRPGs like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Xenogears, etc., and I like to make narrative games that try to get out of the conventional game design boxes.

I have experience as a writer (BA in English and have written a lot of material), musician (have been composing, performing and recording my own music since middle school), programmer (CS classes in college and been programming games for 5 years), and game design (I have an MFA in interactive media from USC).  In terms of design philosophy, I want to make meaningful games with a lot of originality and authorship.  I am not a ludist, I am more of a narratologist -- although I make ludic experiences I view that level of ludic design as just one component of the experience rather than the central focus.

I hope you enjoy my games!
wildmusketeer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: June 30, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »

Hello. I've been following tigsource for a while, and I finally decided that this is a great community that I would love to dive into. I'm a programmer and have been dreaming about working  on designing wonderous experience/games for a long time. Glad to meet you all. Cheers.
Vince_Lawrence
« Reply #5444 on: June 30, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »

Hello, I am Vincent Kyle Eusebio a High School Student based on Tanay, Rizal - Philippines. I've started making games since 2005 when my Dad bought me a copy of Game Maker 7, I've started so many game projects and most of them are discontinued, lost the source-code and still under development.

I am also a graphic artist who's still looking for someone to hire me.

From Love Affair Visual Novel Project

A sketch for the character sprites on my 2007-2012 visual novel project known as The Symbol - Chronicles

For my cousin who will leave the country at the end of 2012

My very first online game project was Soul Chaser Online, a platform mmorpg similar to GrandChase but haven't finished duo to lack of GML and networking knowledge but I love working on the sprites for this project.

From Soul Chaser Online New Zealand Server

And KHQ Oblivion Online was the second mmo project, Finally had mastered networking and GML in intermediate level, haven't finished because of school works.

From KHQ Oblivion Forums

I've also programmed my own Operating System and it works! I am now looking forward to turn this into a Linux Distro instead of an OS from the ground-up that will take decades of programming.

Running a theme on BlackBox OS w/ built-in desktop and audio recording system

Multi-tasking Terminal for BlackBox OS

I've once joined a community of hackers but non of my techniques worked  Facepalm

And now, after isolating myself on my room to work on games more seriously...I now present my latest project, The Demaking of Journey!

Nice to meet ya' all!
 Gentleman
Jase
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5445 on: June 30, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »

Hi. I'm Jason and I'm just here to introduce myself I suppose Smiley

I've been lurking for a while, I like to browse these forums and see all the cool and interesting things people are doing, it can be quite inspirational.

I'm a coder at heart, ever since a young age it's all I ever wanted to do.

Droop By day I'm employed as a .NET software developer at a web agency in Sydney, Australia doing anything and everything in web land and supporting offline systems as well. I strive for elegant, performant and intuitive systems where possible, but I'm sure you guys know how clients can be.. Wink

Cool By night I indulge my real passion, game development . I like making games and supporting systems, and have plenty of ideas busting out of my head (don't we all?). Like most indies however, I have the extremely bad habit of being over ambitous and never actually completing anything.  Lips Sealed

Time to change that!

I'll be posting in the feedback section shortly with a build of my current game, Rather Be Dead, to see if it's a total crap or not Grin

So that's me!
ascruplepen
« Reply #5446 on: July 01, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »

I'm Paul,

I used to work at Codemasters but have recently left to move to London. Some time last me and a few friends decided to make our own game. We're still working on it, struggling to find programmers.

I mostly design. To me gameplay is king, I'm all about the easy to play difficult to master mantra. Which is definitely in part down to my love of Nintendo. At the moment I'm playing a lot of mobile games (no sniggering) and trying to clear a back log of classics I should have played.

I have a pretty strong vision for where I want my company to go and what kind of games we want to make, I just hope we get there.  Hand Metal Right
nuchon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »

Hi! My name is Manuel and I've been slowly getting into the indie game dev world. As I'm finishing my studies shortly, I'll have more time to carry out many game ideas I had in mind for a while. I've been doing some stuff in Game Maker, Java and Python, but nothing serious. I've recently published an android game called Gu, and currently working on some prototypes using Game Maker (maybe I'll post them for feedback).

Hope I can learn a lot from this forums, and will try my best to give something back. I'm pretty excited to see names from developers I admire posting here!

Nice to meet you all!
 Coffee
cheers from argentina
matthias_zarzecki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: July 01, 2012, 11:47:58 PM »

Hi!

I'm Matthias Zarzecki, indie-dev and game-design-student extraordinaire.

My (larger) games so far are Unstoppaball DX for iOS

and Badass Locomotive for PC & Mac

-Matthew
Miro
« Reply #5449 on: July 02, 2012, 07:39:42 AM »

Hello!
My name is Miro Vesterinen. I'm a video game art student from Finland, just finished my freshman year.
I'm fairly new to making video games, so I still have a lot to learn. I haven't yet released any games, but we (me and two programmers) are currently working on a WP7 game, working title "Pirates and Boobies". Which we hope to be released end of August, 2012.
You can check the devblog here: http://piratesandboobies.tumblr.com/

And as I mentioned I'm a graphic artist. Mostly been using photoshop, Flash and Blender. Some experiences with 3ds max and motion builder due to my studies. You can check some of my works from my online portfolio: http://mirovesterinen.tumblr.com/

I guess that's all for now. I hope I'll make a lot new acquaintances!

Oh yeah, this is what I look like

Insertdirtmcgirt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »

Hey my name is Johan, and I'm a student based in NYC. I'm an artist, animator, and 3D modeler (all self taught prior to taking classes). Initially I wanted to do animation in both 2D and 3D, but a couple of my friends thought it would be nice to start making games as a hobby. 

Right now I'm working on our first game for iOS (temporarily for now until we get experience to then move to PC with future games) and I'm drawing and animating everything and handling all the audio as well. Hopefully it will be out come winter.

What I like most about video games is the story telling and ambience they can create, and with so many AAA developers shifting away from those things my attention for the fast few years has now moved into indie games. So I hope to see exciting projects and I hope my projects are exciting to you guys as well.

Here are just a few animals of the 100's that are in the game.

toricaughtfire
Level 0

nyeh~

View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: July 03, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »

Hai there! I am Victoria, cat lady extraordinaire~

(You can blame John Sandoval for my arrival here.)

I first started with games on the Nintendo 64. To this day, Ocarina of Time is still my favorite. From there, I went back in time, played the big grey Gameboy and Atari and Super Nintendo.

Currently, I draw sometimes, play League of Legends mostly, and work part time at Gamestop.

I am here to make new friends, provide feedback, and maybe get some critique on some of my sketches.  Embarrassed

ink.inc
« Reply #5452 on: July 03, 2012, 12:07:18 AM »

watsup
toricaughtfire
Level 0

nyeh~

View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: July 03, 2012, 12:09:13 AM »

watsup

^ this guy is a jerk in real life.
ink.inc
« Reply #5454 on: July 03, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

the worst
MBo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5455 on: July 03, 2012, 12:52:37 AM »

Hello

I'm Michael and I am a music man. I got my degree in music composition last year and wrote my dissertation on dynamic music in games. I've got some music you could listen to at embow-music.co.uk and soundcloud.com/embow-music.

I'm currently working on a game called FYRFLZ with a developer and an artist. We came up with the idea to enter the Virgin Media 100 Day Game project and got to the final round! Unfortunately we didn't get the prize but are motivated to sell more copies of our game anyway Hand Money Right!

The game is about a group of fireflies who collect colour from their environment. They have to mix and match colours as instructed and avoid obstacles to complete the levels. Our devblog is here: bzzzgames.wordpress.com

Nice to meet you all, let's make some games!

reapz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: July 03, 2012, 05:17:15 AM »

Hi all, my name is Christian and I'm from Sydney, Australia. It has taken me a long time to join a community but here I am. Noir

I am a programmer working at The Giant Machine in Sydney and we're releasing our first game soon at which point I shall provide more information  Who, Me?. I am interested in all aspects of programming, I've always loved building things. I especially get a kick out of AI/graphics programming as the visual rewards are very satisfying. I have grand plans with things ranging from setting up a blog, to meeting new people in the indie community and of course working on side projects (grand grand plans, but then they always are!). Joining this forum was the first step!

I am a movie/TV show fiend and live with my girlfriend who is an aspiring writer.

Looking forward to slowly becoming more involved, I have never been one to sit in forums. Send me a PM if you want to expand your geeky developer network, especially if you're in Sydney. Chances are I may have seen you at a jam or something.
hokku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5457 on: July 03, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »

Hellloooo y'all,

My name's Michael Tucker and I've been perusing this wonderful site for a great many years. I'm a perennial student, though I'm finally gettin close to graduating with a BFA in 3D and 2D animation from San Jose State University. I also write for a site called 4 Color Rebellion.

I dig cartoons and film like nobody's business, yet despite all the luster of the motion picture industry nothing can match games in my book so that's what I'm tailoring my portfolio for.

I've also been working on an indie game with some other animation for the past several months which is what actually got me to finally register for this forum and begin looking for feedback.

I'm real excited to finally start participating in this community!
Vince_Lawrence
« Reply #5458 on: July 03, 2012, 03:37:06 PM »

watsup

THIS! Made my day!  Durr...?
B4
Level 0

I love creative

View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: July 03, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »

Hi Everyone,
My name is Ben Foden.

I'm working full-time on a game Ninja with my two roommates in Portland. I'm focused on concepts, 3d models, and design at the moment while they are on the code primarily. Closer to our prototype / trailer release i'll be going more into the marketing and business side of things as well. I work part time for a web start-up to pay the bills. Hand Money Left

Favorite games:
  • Jazz Jackrabbit
  • One Must Fall
  • Shattered Galaxy (in the good ole days closer to when it came out)
  • FFVII, IX
  • Blizzard games except that crappy MMO they did and D3's inferno difficulty / auction house shenanigans
  • Altitude Hand Thumbs Up Right
  • DoTA (2)
  • Doukutsu Monogatari

I like coffee, space, hip hop, and Japan.

I knew about TIGsource for awhile but hadn't gotten on the forums until fairly recently and i'm having a blast so far just sponging everything up.

Gentleman
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:28:24 PM by B4 » Logged

@benfoden[/b] | game on
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic