Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 04:14:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOverrated games
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32
Print
Author Topic: Overrated games  (Read 39730 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »

i shave by surgically removing each of my facial hairs individually
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »

Safety razors (I bet whipping up lather from shaving soap with an authentic badger hair brush and then going at it with a $200 piece of shaving equipment is fun and all but don't pretend it's about somehow getting a higher quality result rather than weirdly fetishizing the first half of the 20th century)

A good working class safety razor is like $20 and blades are like ten dollars for a pack that will last you two years.  It's far more economically sound than disposables.
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »

Saving money is overrated.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »

this thread now

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2017, 05:53:04 PM »

Safety razors (I bet whipping up lather from shaving soap with an authentic badger hair brush and then going at it with a $200 piece of shaving equipment is fun and all but don't pretend it's about somehow getting a higher quality result rather than weirdly fetishizing the first half of the 20th century)

A good working class safety razor is like $20 and blades are like ten dollars for a pack that will last you two years.  It's far more economically sound than disposables.
you're just a shill for Big Safety

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 07, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »

I shave with safety scissors.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: January 07, 2017, 06:55:57 PM »

Drive (2011 film) (It's ok.)

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 07, 2017, 08:09:48 PM »

Megan Mann fucking sucks
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2017, 12:29:44 AM »

Resident Evil 5
Transformers: Devastation

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
_glitch
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2017, 12:58:50 AM »

Minecraft is overrated; Diablo series and Outlast are underrated.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2017, 02:42:27 AM »

This thread is pure salt
I'd say it's more of a circlejerk
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2017, 05:15:55 AM »

pretty much every game by platinum is overrated, except vanquish which is underrated (and is their best game by far) and madworld which is correctly rated as trash.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2017, 05:19:22 AM »

Vaporware always allow for people to imagine what's not there

HELLO i make GAMES
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2017, 07:59:33 AM »

Overrated

Killing Room:
currently super popular rogulike fps that's being streamed a lot is shallow, boring, repetitive, and has terrible mechanics...its literally popular because it's popular
BullShot:  Parody of classic run-n-gun, dos-era pc platformers like Duke2 (the logo even looks like duke2) but the levels are just slapped together and completely uninspired, and they're all super linear.  It's selling and getting positive reviews entirely on charm, because as a game it's not very good.
Breath of Death VII This got popular on steam due to it's humor, it's an uninspired, crappily made RPG Maker rpg with sprite work and tile work that makes NES games look high-res, copy-paste levels with no reason other than to extend gameplay length, and a combat system that doesnt matter because you can just mash attack and win every single fight.
Nuclear Throne: This game isn't bad but it's pretty...meh.  IT has a GREAT visual style but the gameplay is just plain mediocre, not bad though, i just don't think it deserves the level of hype it gets.
Slime Rancher: It's cute and wrangling slimes is fun...but after about 30 minutes you've basicly seen everything the game has to offer.  It's still early access so maybe in the future but as of now it needs some serious content.  Another one that's not bad, just somewhat overhyped.

Underrated

Dead Secret: A very well made atmospheric adventure game designed for VR. It's a bit like myst in that you actually have to pay attention to the clues because you have to actually solve the mystery to beat the game.
Elite Dangerous: It doesn't have the hype train behind it like Star Citizen and such and people always quickly vote it down for being "expensive with nothing to do", but it is by far the most expansive space sim, with the best combat and most to explore, and new content, ingame story, etc comes out on a WEEKLY basis. It always sits with "mixed" reviews on steam but is one of the best games I've ever played.

-Fuzzy Spider
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »

Here are some more overrated games
Spelunky: not a real word
Cave Story: stars a green nosed dude with sideburns and an antenna on the back of his head
Mario: ridicules the working class
Donkey Kong: bananas are all clones
Dragon Quest: super saiyans are racist
Ghosts n Goblins: the polka dot underpants gag is not very funny. also decide on a title ffs
Crusader Kings: i heard theres this weird tradition in sweden where everyone watches some shitty ivanhoe movie from the 80s every year in january or sth.
Splatoon: bad title pun
GTA: cars are bad for the environment
Saints Row: it's the nutshack
Madden:
why is this weird "sport" called football while actual football is called soccer?
The Order [whatever the year is]: the ODOR
Assassins Creed: contrary to popular belief, Dan Brown is not a good writer.
A shame you gave up at the end.

Also if optical storage is less expensive why do I still have to pay 60 bucks for a video game.

Underrated

Dead Secret: A very well made atmospheric adventure game designed for VR. It's a bit like myst in that you actually have to pay attention to the clues because you have to actually solve the mystery to beat the game.
Elite Dangerous: It doesn't have the hype train behind it like Star Citizen and such and people always quickly vote it down for being "expensive with nothing to do", but it is by far the most expansive space sim, with the best combat and most to explore, and new content, ingame story, etc comes out on a WEEKLY basis. It always sits with "mixed" reviews on steam but is one of the best games I've ever played.
These games are probably correctly rated if it takes half a thousand dollars to even be able to play them.

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2017, 02:18:06 PM »

These games are probably correctly rated if it takes half a thousand dollars to even be able to play them.

come now, all games have some sort of hardware requirement, be it a certain level of graphics card, xbox/ps4 controller, etc... can't poorly rate a VR game because you don't have VR to play it with...that's like me calling all xbox one s games shit because they wont run on my pc....besides, both games are perfectly playable outside VR, you just don't get the extra control and immersion.

Also elite is only $59.99 if you buy it packaged with a ton of ingame swag and ALL current expansion packs...it's hardly breaking the bank. (the core game is only $24)

-Fuzzy Spider
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2017, 02:22:37 PM »

btw where do I donate towards silb and/or capn regularly writing about video games somewhere I can see it

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »

Side Rant:  I see this a lot on steam, and it's one of the many reasons i think steams ratings system on games is complete ASS. (there's TONS of great games with mixed/negative reviews and TONS terrible games with positive reviews)  People buy a game without looking at the bar on the right that spells out the minimum requirements and recommended requirements then immediately bitch about the game running "like crap" on their 5 year old laptop.  For some reason AAA games it's "expected" to need newer hardware but if a game is tagged "indie" it gets voted to oblivion for having graphics requirements above "potato"

Not to say ALL ratings on steam are bad, there are quite a few games that end up where they're deserved. But just maybe steam could build in some warnings, since it DOES know your system specs, and maybe have more in-depth rating than just thumbs up and down so you could filter out the nonsense.

-Fuzzy Spider
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2017, 02:31:42 PM »

Steam is the most overrated game of all time

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic