Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411696 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 18, 2024, 01:57:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpelunky v1.1 (and Source)!
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 228
Print
Author Topic: Spelunky v1.1 (and Source)!  (Read 1539510 times)
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: March 25, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »

spelunky playing
shotgun in hand speedrun fun
killed by a bat

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4421 on: March 26, 2010, 07:22:53 AM »

Laremere I see what I think what you were trying to do there but you failed
 Sad
(unless killed is two syllables)

If you were not trying to do what I think you were trying to do then what a coincidence o_o

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: March 26, 2010, 07:43:06 AM »

Killed isn't two syllables, but I do believe it counts as two, though really since there is no real counter-part in English to the thing you counter in Japanese, it's open to opinion.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
vucovuco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:43 AM »

Please give me a cheat mode, I want to do wacky stuff in Spelunky!  Epileptic
Plattfisk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: April 12, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »

I'm sorry for bumping this thread now that it was finally dying... but this made me SO MAD.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4306/splnkywtf.png

The block below the exit door was crushed.  I was standing under the door after defeating the boss, wondering what would happen, when the block regenerated and killed me.  FUCK.

lol, that's a shame Grin
What's the picture to the right?

I'm usually sceptical to HD updates of pixel games, but those screenshots look fantastic. Too bad I have a PS3, or I'd be hype for it.
Arucard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4425 on: May 04, 2010, 07:36:54 AM »

Please give me a cheat mode, I want to do wacky stuff in Spelunky!  Epileptic
If you're serious take your pick, but prepare to be spoiled:
Spelunky Casual (no death)
Spelunky Invincible (free items)

Both are by a guy calling himself 'the_illusionist', there's also a host of other mods there (meaning at the Mossmouth forum) if you want something more interesting. 
cheers Gentleman

Also, regarding recording software, I record fine from Camstudio as long as it's not a dark level. FRAPS unfortunately lags like a lame ass, though it works fine for actual 3D games which is its purpose.  Shrug
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4426 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »

Game Maker is apparently out for Mac. Anyone have time to put together an OS X version?

http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=821

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4427 on: May 18, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »

So has anyone done anything with Spelunky's source?

Anyone?

Bueller?

deathtotheweird
« Reply #4428 on: May 18, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?&board=6.0

Quite a few threads in there, but I really didn't find anything too interesting (except for shopkeep mod) after 3 pages.

Disappointed never attempted to make an Ascii mod yet.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4429 on: May 23, 2010, 09:56:15 PM »

Still fun, and still rockin' over a year later. And thank you very much for releasing the source, it's been imperative learning material to me so far, especially regarding the PGC aspects! I've never said this about anybody in my near-30-year-life, but you're practically my hero now, Derek! What you've achieved in your collabs is simply incredible.

And there's more to the game than -just- finding the COG?! WOW. Just. WOW.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4430 on: May 24, 2010, 03:18:15 AM »

Thanks, man!  Glad the source is of some use to you.  I definitely wouldn't have gotten very far if other people hadn't released their source code, so I'm glad to do the same (plus mods are awesome).
ortoslon
« Reply #4431 on: May 24, 2010, 03:25:14 AM »

mods are awesome

which ones? maybe i've been looking at wrong threads, i haven't found good spelunky mods yet
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4432 on: May 24, 2010, 03:33:52 AM »

I don't know if it's against the user license, but have people started porting spelunky to other systems?
I'd love playing it on the psp Panda
deathtotheweird
« Reply #4433 on: May 24, 2010, 10:00:37 AM »

tastes like spelunky is an awesome mod where you play as the mantrap

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=1087.0
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: May 24, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »

Derek, I think you should limit signature heights there as we do here, cause damn. WTF

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ortoslon
« Reply #4435 on: May 30, 2010, 04:15:29 AM »

3:00 with cape only

Bandages
« Reply #4436 on: May 30, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »

Is it just me, or does Spelunky have some fairly sexist undertones?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4437 on: May 30, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »

Is it just me, or does Spelunky have some fairly sexist undertones?

It's just you.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Bandages
« Reply #4438 on: May 30, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »

The only reason I bring it up is because every time I show the game to someone they willcomment on the fact that the women are used only as objects in this game. Some will stand RIGHT next to the exit, screaming their lungs out for help, when they could easily walk away. You throw them at enemies, or use them to soak up arrow traps. They are "sold" in red-light "kissing parlors". Their only purpose is to give you one health, and you are rewarded more for sacrificing them to Kali than any other creature or human in the game.

I dunno, it's just a lot of stuff that doesn't sit right if you really think about it.

EDIT: Oh yeah and they run around with no sense of regard if you drop them. They will run into spikes, webs or whatever without any thought. At least shopkeepers jump.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: May 30, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »

The only reason I bring it up is because every time I show the game to someone they willcomment on the fact that the women are used only as objects in this game. Some will stand RIGHT next to the exit, screaming their lungs out for help, when they could easily walk away. You throw them at enemies, or use them to soak up arrow traps. They are "sold" in red-light "kissing parlors". Their only purpose is to give you one health, and you are rewarded more for sacrificing them to Kali than any other creature or human in the game.

I dunno, it's just a lot of stuff that doesn't sit right if you really think about it.

EDIT: Oh yeah and they run around with no sense of regard if you drop them. They will run into spikes, webs or whatever without any thought. At least shopkeepers jump.
The moment I heard your rant, I thought of this.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 228
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic