Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:55:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Color picker pad
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Color picker pad  (Read 1465 times)
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »

Is there some kind of device that makes it quicker and neater to pick colors on the market?

I was thinking of some kind of cellphone sized touchscreen that plugs into the computer, essentially functioning like the color dialog in Photoshop. Or is there some kind of iPhone or android app that does this? It would really help not needing to open a color dialog to adjust the painting color, and even do it without releasing the pen while drawing.

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
Nix
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »

You could buy this keyboard and map some of the keys to colors. It's only $1599 from ThinkGeek.
Theophilus
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »

It's only $1599

That's the main problem I have.
Nix
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »

It's only $1599

Why? It's no more than a decent used car.
Rykuth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »

http://www.photoshop.com/products/mobile/colorlava

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're talking about, but it seems similar. Unfortunately it's iPad only.
Theophilus
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »

It's only $1599

Why? It's no more than a decent used car.

I would've said it's as expensive as a decent used car.  Cheesy Maybe it's just half-empty-half-full kind of perspective, but that's a lot of money for me.
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 08:41:45 AM »

You could buy this keyboard and map some of the keys to colors. It's only $1599 from ThinkGeek.

It's only $1599 from ThinkGeek.

only

WTF

Nix
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »

FYI, I'm not being serious. That price is completely ludicrous.

The iMo Touch USB Monitor would probably be able to do what you want (assuming your graphics software supported putting a color palette on another monitor). It's $199 for the basic model, so it's still pretty expensive, but I doubt you're going to find much better.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/bfa3/
Toom
Level 3

You have to tell me if you're a cop.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46:15 AM »

$30 for Mac drivers? Fuck off! That's well cheeky. It's a shame, because those actually look really good - and after you've already burnt $200, $30 shouldn't seem like much, but damn that is a dick move.

Edit: Virtually any graphics software will support palettes on different monitors; I've used a dual-monitor setup with the colour picker (as well as almost all my other non-image panes) on a separate monitor for years. Extra monitors typically just extend the available workspace, they're not really treated as discrete entities.

I'm gonna beat yer ass wit dis moon tree!
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »

http://www.photoshop.com/products/mobile/colorlava

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're talking about, but it seems similar. Unfortunately it's iPad only.

Ah, yes, that's exactly what i had in mind. Indeed unfortunate that it's iPad only :/ I mean, when you already have a perfectly useful touch surface on your phone it would be nice to be able to use that instead. I think smartphones need to be more seamlessly connected to your computer Smiley

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
eben_cs
Level 0

Go in door to get a data!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »

Well, there's an app from Pantone for the i-devices. It's $10 bucks, so that might be an option.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic