Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411663 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 04:38:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Drawing Skewed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Drawing Skewed  (Read 1323 times)
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »

Whenever i seem to draw stuff, it looks okay to me, but then looks weird if i flip it, and i can't help thinking it has to do with my astigmatism, or something to do with my left handedness.

for example, this looks fine the way its oriented now, but if i mirror it, the eyes seem oddly "off" of the cheek, the face doesn't look right anymore.

is it just that im used to looking at it the initial way, or just that i'm not drawing it right in the first place do to X visual distortion?

hat in this picture is suspect.

i know i'm not the only one to have this problem, but its hard to really SEE the problem myself without knowing how other people see it.  Blink
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »

The flipping thing is normal, Quazi. A lot of digital artists flip their canvas every once in a while as they work to get a fresh look and even things out.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:26:40 AM »

It's a combination of seeing your drawing at an angle (having a slanted drawing table kinda helps against this), the pivot of your arm and getting used to your drawing. If you're drawing/painting with traditionals use a mirror or just rotate it upside down every once in a while, use flip often when it's digital. It's something that leaves you alone with enough practice.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic