Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:52:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Remix art and pixel art from tzigla
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Remix art and pixel art from tzigla  (Read 1449 times)
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:45:09 AM »

Hey peeps,

Hope you remember tzigla.com, a collaborative drawings site that was mentioned here a few months ago. If not, maybe hop over to the other thread. In the meantime we've had two other drawings completed: Checker Collab C64 (pro pixel art!) and Easy street (fun pixel art!).

We've just whipped up a few zip files with our completed boards and some metadata about them.  This allows anyone with some programming or other artsy skills to remix our tiles and create even more random awesomeness in the world.

Remix completed tzigla drawings

We'd love to see what you come up with!

Hugs y'all

ps: Btw, thanks to our lovely artists, everything is Creative Commons licensed on tzigla and that's why this remixing is possible.

pss: It would be really great if these things would make it into a game or kick ass demo Smiley
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:53:36 AM by evilchelu » Logged
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »

We were thinking giving this data away would be a cool thing, but it seems we're doing something wrong. And we don't have a clue what that is.

We have some cool CC licensed pixel art on tzigla and we'd really love to see it used and abused a bit.

We'd really appreciate any feedback about the way we're doing this. Maybe we're making things too complicated or we should give away more data?
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »

Wrong?  What's going wrong exactly?

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »

Well, the main thing is nobody seems to care about it :/

I was hoping to get at least some opinions on why that might be.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

Hmm, well sometimes things just don't take off.  I'd suggest trying another forum perhaps?  The attitude around here is pretty heavily bent towards "hey this is my art I drew it for a video game", whereas your project seems a bit more free-spirited in a community-oriented direction.

It might not take off here, but that doesn't make it a bad idea... just not a good fit for the current location.  I'd suggest asking your current users where they hang out and see if you can get something started there?  Sorry, I'm not an artist so I'm not really too sure where else they congregate.  Shrug

evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »

Thanks for raking the time to give us some hints Smiley

The site itself is not doing so bad, especially the pixel art boards.

I actually posted about the remixes here because it's a feature that's probably more fun for developers more than other people.

I was imagining a puzzle like minigame that could make it into a game. Or one of the boards, or maybe even just some of the tiles used for some ingame piece of art or background. Dunno, I was hoping from something random happening with our data Smiley
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 10:15:19 AM »

Heh.  Well, we're all pretty busy but you never know, it might have already happened?  A lot of people that peruse this place don't always announce their intentions.  I would suggest adding your pixel-art boards to a particular thread...

I *know* there's a thread around here for free-range assets, but that could have been a compo thing.  Still, there is a gathering place around here for art assets with no home.  I know, because I've rummaged through the collection myself. 

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 03:39:24 AM »

I remember the thread for this from before, and i liked it! However as Aquin said, i think you should make it more widely known in artist-based communities.

You could try Pixelation.
You could also try certain groups on Deviantart.

I hope you get the community you are hoping for. Good luck! Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic