Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 02:09:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallShinywuffles: Rainy Soul Miasma [FREEWARE]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shinywuffles: Rainy Soul Miasma [FREEWARE]  (Read 2004 times)
Pteriforever
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:52:25 PM »

Since threads with screenshots are about 44% cooler than threads without, let's start off this thread with a screenshot:

Now that I've got your attention, I present Shinywuffles 2: Rainy Soul Miasma. Now, some of you may have played the first Shinywuffles game. Some more may have seen the trailer video I posted in June.

It's now here. For the especially enthusiastic who can't wait to read to the bottom of this post, here's a download link: http://www.forgottenplanet.com/caillan/shinywuffles_rsm.rar.

Still here? Fine, I'll talk about my game some more. It's what I like to call a "danmaku avoider". It's kinda like a bullet hell shmup, except without the shmup aspect. Also, it's mouse controlled. So, in a way, I've 'purified' danmaku.

It's come a long way since the first game. For one, it's much longer; it has over an order of magnitude more content. It's pretty much impossible to cheat now. It has a defined end goal this time around, too. In summary, it has everything you liked about the first game, and adds a ton of new interesting content to make a better game without being too outrageous.

Instead of being a single level you stay on until you die, it's split into 36 stages of greatly varying difficulty.

When I said it's impossible to cheat, I mean it. If you try to find safespots in my levels, I'll know Wink

Special thanks to Flickerfly and everypony who played the first game.

EDIT: There is a LP by DarkLinkWP here:

You rock dude Smiley
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:27:54 AM by Pteriforever » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic