Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:57:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpace Station Gam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Station Gam  (Read 1175 times)
Sakar
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »

Preface:
So I've been thinking a lot recently about different game ideas that are feasible for me to actually complete, but that I'd also enjoy working on. What I've found is that 99% of my ideas involved some sort of more open-ended managing stuff type of gameplay. I thought about it and decided that it'd be pretty cool to have a game where you manage a space station. And thus this game was born.

The Game:
The general idea is that you are the commander of a new government funded space station. The goal is to create a space station to research and develop things, as well as attract people to it. Being in space presents dangers, however. Space pirates, meteorites, and space fungus are just a few of the many threats to the station.

The game is being made in Flash and I plan on using AIR for the final version, though a web version will be used for testing and possibly as an alternate method for the final game. I plan on developing this slowly but surely over the next couple months until I get out of school for the summer, during which I'll be able to put a lot more time in.

Also here's a screenshot of what I've done the past couple days:

More details over the coming days (hopefully)
thatredant
Level 0

if(post.create){ thatredant.reply; }

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:54:54 AM »

Can't wait to see what you pull off with this, bra :D

Working on a resource-gathering realtime roguelike!

Sakar
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »

Thank you Smiley

Made a tiny bit of progress today. Modules takes time to build now

Savick
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »

Just a suggestion, but maybe you should work the word "junction" into the title somewhere?
Like Space Station Junction or something. Some kinda word that has to do with forming larger objects out of smaller objects you know?
Sakar
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »

Hm that's an interesting idea. Might have to do that if I don't decide on a different name (the current one is temp)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic