Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 11:58:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTaniNani - A Cute Puzzle Game (Free Content Update OUT NOW)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: TaniNani - A Cute Puzzle Game (Free Content Update OUT NOW)  (Read 10913 times)
kevin andersson
Level 1

Producer/ Designer by day and Programmer by night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 11:14:49 PM »

I can hardly believe it! TaniNani is now released on the App Store! Steam release will happen in 10 hours.
I want to thank you everyone who found my game interesting and interacted with me!

App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/taninani/id1489082298

Here's a small gif now that it's released!

IsacDee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 05:53:50 AM »

Ayooo, huge congratulations on the release! Looking forward to playing it on Steam!

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 07:31:13 AM »

Ayooo, huge congratulations on the release! Looking forward to playing it on Steam!

In 90 minutes I will release the game on Steam!  Grin Thank you for your support Isac!

Marduken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2020, 12:53:04 AM »

Hey, really cool original concept and gamplay/design! I really hope that best for your game, that your originality gets recognition! Let us know how things are working out
kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2020, 06:32:01 AM »

Hey, really cool original concept and gamplay/design! I really hope that best for your game, that your originality gets recognition! Let us know how things are working out

Hey thank you so much, glad that you like the concept! So far the game is pretty far up (rank 3-16) in the Swedish App Store about 9 hours ago it was ranked nr 55 in casual in America.

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 05:24:27 AM »

So the game's been out in the world for a few days now and I've landed a bit after responding and being present everywhere online. What a feeling seeing peoples reactions and hearing their thoughts.

So right now I'm preparing a small update fixing some minor things. Luckily it's nothing big at all.
At the moment I'm fixing the Challenge corner, if you've finished a level and replay it another time then some people still want to see what the challenge was. If you've grabbed the crystal before then it will be a bit transparent so it felt natural and consistent to do the same for the challenges.

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2020, 12:29:57 AM »

For iOS a new update is soon rolling out that adjust some progression for new players. I've watched more or less every youtube video and stream of TaniNani. I wrote down everything people said and then aim to make TaniNani the best game it can be for new and existing players. I think that this new update will faster show the player what they can expect from the game. As they play they'll unlock new outfits and further unlock new mechanics.

I've also fixed an issue with Russian translation and a rare bug. Sorry for the potato quality but if you want to see the rare bug then look below!

The characters look for which chunk its closest to and then parent itself to that chunk. So the bug that happens is when the rotation starts the character (the clown in this case) is seeing that the neighbour chunk is the closest while rotating so it will then stop to follow the rotating chunk and end up in a 45 degree angle... So the simple solution was to just stop checking for closest chunks during a rotation.. I hope that made sense for anyone who was interested  Smiley

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 09:01:09 PM »

Hey everybody,

I'm happy to announce that TaniNani is coming to Nintendo Switch on April 22!

Here's the trailer and a fitting gif

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »

Yayy, excellent news! Coffee Congrats!

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »

Yayy, excellent news! Coffee Congrats!
Thank you! I'm so excited for this! Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 01:19:32 PM »

Since I had more time I decided to add support for Linux
Yay!

... uhm, the Steam page doesn't show Linux support?
kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »

Since I had more time I decided to add support for Linux
Yay!

... uhm, the Steam page doesn't show Linux support?

It's the Steam icon by the purchase button and there's also by the system requirements at the bottom  Smiley
They prefer to show "Steam OS/Linux" so they show their icon.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 01:08:43 AM »

Blargh, stupid Steam! Thanks for the explanation, guess there are no obstructions to giving this a go Smiley
kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 10:59:26 AM »

Blargh, stupid Steam! Thanks for the explanation, guess there are no obstructions to giving this a go Smiley

Haha I hope that you have fun and let me know if you run into any issues!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2020, 12:43:32 PM »

It runs fine but there is no sound Sad. I seem to have this with more games lately, although not all of them.
kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2020, 08:58:30 PM »

It runs fine but there is no sound Sad. I seem to have this with more games lately, although not all of them.

Hmm, I've never heard of this issue with the Linux players. To be honest there aren't that many TaniNani Linux players, but still sad to hear that you're having issues :/

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 01:02:51 AM »

Well, it wasn't TaniNani specific. And I figured it out: somehow the Steam audio stream got muted, but only for a few games, and it wasn't visible on the "main" audio output somehow (I had to go into the settings and do something application-specific). So it works now! Smiley
kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »

So now TaniNani's been out on Nintendo Switch for over a week. Seeing peoples feedback and opinions really made me happy!

I've had new ideas for more chapters in the game but wasn't sure if I should take the step and work on it, so I'm not confirming anything just yet. I'm more letting people know that I'm testing out new mechanics which is fun. So I've had my friend MortMort make the art for a new environment so I could fully focus on level design and programming. Here's a small peek at how it looks. At first I wanted it to be a halloween event but it would more likely be a permanent content update in the future (if I release it).

So this week I've sat down and finished some level design for this chapter and it actually turned out quite well. I streamed the process over at my Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/anderssonkev

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »

I think I'm ready now to confirm that the free content update will happen! I don't have a date yet but I'm aiming in about 2 months from now on all platforms (unless something gets in the way).

It's been really fun to make new levels since the game is out so the focus has only been on making levels and doing more content, not so much on bugs since that was already finished by the release. I think this is a reason why DLCs are so fun to work on because the "main hill" of bugs is gone. Anyway, getting sidetracked... to anyone who's excited for more levels, this is for you! And anyone who haven't picked up the game yet, if you do then I hope that you have fun!

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2020, 08:56:26 PM »

The free content update is now live! If you play it then I hope that you have fun!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic