Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 10:44:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesWARNING! Zombie Mall [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: WARNING! Zombie Mall [FINISHED]  (Read 23306 times)
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »

Yeah, I'll finish it someday for sure, but what's this about an extension?

Unless the evil forum trojan has hijacked Derek's account, it seems the deadline is now Sept. 7th:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2376.msg68959#msg68959
ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 09:05:03 AM »

Praise be to Derek!

I can't promise it will be good but I'll try my damndest to get it done!

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 02:31:48 AM »

Yeah, I'll finish it someday for sure, but what's this about an extension?

Unless the evil forum trojan has hijacked Derek's account, it seems the deadline is now Sept. 7th:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2376.msg68959#msg68959

Because after that we'll all be busy playing Spore.

ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 04:02:34 AM »

Agreed.

ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 06:09:24 AM »

Must...
Finish...
Game...

There's a few bugs to stomp and it may be clunky and not really fun like a game should be but I'm trying my darndest to submit something.

manphin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 07:05:47 AM »

Looks great so far, but one suggestion - if you're going for an NES look, the font used on the store fronts is too new looking, anti-aliased, etc.

Perhaps change to a non aa'd pixelated font?

Otherwise, looks great and I cant wait to try it out!
ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »

Ive actually done some major changes recently just too lazy to do the screenshots. Those stores were just placeholders until I could NES myself up some nicer ones. Due to time constraints the stores are nameless now but look more NES-ish

ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 07:29:28 AM »

So tomorrow's the deadline for the Demake contest and my game has more bugs than the underside of a sizable rock. I'm almost going to admit defeat despite how close I am.

The Camera just wont co-operate (I've added several vertical floors) and the doors I've added at the ends of the halls sometimes send the player/zombies/humans to some neither region and are no longer map bound.

I DID however successfully add humans that need saving and death and winning clauses.

Maybe I'll go eat some pizza and play Ikaruga to reset my thinkables...

ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »

Well, I had to take out some of the features that made it fun but it's done.

http://thatsrad.net/_dump/WZM.zip

Now, my goal for this comp was just to submit something, nothing award winning but just to actually complete. Keeping that in mind it's not exactly game of the year or minute.

Thanks to everyone in the community for their words of encouragement. I know without the confines of the comp I probably wouldn't have the will to finish a game. Beer!

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 12:22:36 PM »

Words cannot describe how much I love this game's opening.  :D

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 03:59:31 PM »

Haha, thanks. There's nothing better than a little engrish

mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »

First, nice job on the artwork.  The opening bit is cute, too.

On the gameplay, I must be doing something wrong...  At the beginning of each level, the character spawns on top of a cloud of zombies and immediately takes a couple of hits.  So I'm starting off with 80% health or lower.  All the zombies and humans work their way to the bottom floor, and there's no place to stand without getting hit.  You can't attack while flashing, but standing on the bottom floor, you get hit so many times that you never stop flashing.  Even if you do manage to single out a zombie or two, it takes a large number of hits to kill one, and in the meantime his buddy gets you and then they swarm you.

There's no way to use the doors, right?  You mentioned them during the development process, but it looks like they're now a lost feature.

My current tactic is just to stay in the air as much as possible.  I did manage to flash to the beginning of the second level once or twice, but the initial swarm wiped out any health I had left.

I haven't played Dead Rising; is it this comically hard?

Also, I didn't see a quit key anywhere...  I tried Escape and Q.  That should be pretty easy to implement in pygame.

Maybe it's running too fast on my system?  It takes around 9 seconds (counting "one-one-thousand") to walk from one side of the first level to the other.  A jump takes about 1 second to complete.  Is that right?

I'm running it in Wine in Linux.

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic