Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411722 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: Sergei

May 22, 2024, 06:53:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMonster Snack
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Monster Snack  (Read 2613 times)
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2014, 06:05:45 AM »

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we’ll be releasing our new free iOS title sometime in the next couple of weeks. We are Total Eclipse, an indie game studio from Greece, which some of you might recognize as the developer of puzzle game A Clockwork Brain.

Monster Snack is an endless/runner game that focuses heavily on attention and precision. The player needs not worry about the main character’s motion control, but has to concentrate on making sure that a given sequence of energy-charged crystals are zapped to keep his/her vehicle running. As you progress your vehicle speeds up, and those crystals get harder to hit. If you can’t keep up with that increasing difficulty, you get to meet a certain someone who’s been tailing you...

This is our first take on a game that relies more on the skill side of things, and it also happens to be the first game we decided to develop in 4 weeks’ time from conception to completion (including tweaking any peripherals involved and our home-brewed back-end).

Despite the short time of development, we are giving Monster Snack our all to make sure it looks and feels great! We hope you’ll enjoy the media assets we’ll be uploading soon and the idea of the game. Before anyone asks, an Android version could be making an appearance sooner rather than later.

Needless to say, any feedback or comments are more than welcome!

Now Available on the App Store

Art:
Our game's villain/monster

And our hero/snack Wink
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:50:05 AM by y_nnis » Logged
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:45:01 AM »

Just added a bit of art. More visuals and information on its way!
lionfish
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:42:52 AM »

Nice pictures.  Wish there was a demo or in game artwork to try and comment on.
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:38:21 AM »

Thanks for your interest lionfish!

We should be able to upload some animated gifs, and maybe some gameplay video, anytime soon! I'll keep you posted Wink
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 03:29:49 AM »

Hey guys!

So, we conducted our first in house usability test and got quite a lot of feedback on the game. So far everything seems to be running smoothly, but we need to iron out a few details.  

We will be re-working the tutorial and resuming the game, as well as make a few tweaks on the controls. So as you can understand, chances are we'll be stretching our 4 weeks deadline a bit.

However, we've got a few .gifs we can show you Wink Mind you, these are still work in progress (some from very early stages in development) and could change - aesthetically or otherwise - later on. Enjoy!

LeCroque's animation concepts

LeCroque's animations

Gaspaude early animation

All work copyrighted by Total Eclipse P.C., unless otherwise stated.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:53:24 AM by y_nnis » Logged
Citsua
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:10:10 AM »

This is amazing, I just love those animations Kiss
Keep up the good work!

Are you gonna port the game to Android?
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 04:21:50 AM »

Hey Citsua,

Very happy you liked it  Gomez

Porting Monster Snack to Android is in our plans. Having said that, but never before releasing one of our games on Android, we can't estimate a release date, yet!

I can, however, promise to keep you posted! Stay tuned Wink
Cakeypigdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 04:37:25 AM »

looking great!  I just releases a free endless runner on iOS.  We made no money at all Sad

Freemium is very hard to get right.  If you do not achieve millions of users you are unlikely to make much.  It is so hard out there on iOS however you decide to go now but I would be very careful about going free.

Feel free to PM me if you like I would be happy to share our experiences with you.  I do not want to spam your thread with our game Smiley

Best of luck with it, I like what I see here a lot!
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 04:52:06 AM »

Thanks Cakey!

Freemium is indeed really hard to get into, especially when it comes to the App Store... It takes quite a lot of effort and then an added pinch of luck! So, fingers crossed!

Thanks for offering to help!
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »

Really love the art!

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »

That art just oozes personality. Hopefully the gameplay will be just as much so!
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 07:08:55 AM »

Thanks a bunch for your kind words Triplevision and Photon!

Also, Triplevision, Among the Willows looks really nice too! Hand Thumbs Up Left

As you can understand we're a little behind schedule.

Although our original plan was to launch after a month of development we finished Monster Snack's basic gameplay within our deadline, but then we decided (based on some early testers' comments and a closed usability test) to make a few core gameplay tweaks and add some elements that will make the game more appealing. We also had to work on our backend, polish a few graphics, add new features to the first version etc.

Although this is the case, development is still going strong and the team is more focused than ever; we really believe it won't take long since launch!

A gameplay video is also under way! It could be ready either by the end of this week or the beginning of the next.

Stay tuned and ask away if you have any questions!!

Oh, and here's a couple of somewhat overdue screenshots Wink

From when the game starts and Gaspaude makes a full appearance, while you're hoping he won't make a second one!

And LeCroque zapping about energy crystals!

All work copyrighted by Total Eclipse P.C., unless otherwise stated.
pevilot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 07:13:19 AM »

Very colored that pictures!

So cute.
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 07:15:06 AM »

Well, we're definitely all about colors with Monster Snack :p
Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »

What is on Gaspaude? Does he (she ?) have a jetpack?

y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 11:17:32 PM »

Scott thanks for noticing!! Tears of Joy

Gaspaude is an angler fish; a creature you wouldn't expect to see anywhere near shallow waters (and naturally not outside of it). So that tube serves as Gaspaude's Hedalpelagic Tank AKA her fancy overwater breathing device!
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 08:19:43 AM »

Hey guys,

I know it's been a while, but I come bearing some great news!

These past few weeks we were not as active as we'd hope to be because we were really busy working on the feedback we received during Monster Snack's usability tests. Thankfully, everything ran smoothly!

The game is now 99% complete. To be perfectly honest, we're waiting for Apple's review so I can give you an actual release date (for the App Store for now...) and move the thread to the finished projects.

Also, since many of you seemed to like the art in Monster Snack, here are three rough sketches from when we started designing the backgrounds that will make it in the game.

Cave (rework)

Mushroom Land (new)

Jungle (in the works for future update)

The Jungle is still being developed so expect to see it in the first major update. The Cave and Mushroom Land will be making it in the launch  Grin

As always, any feedback is more than welcome!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:12:12 AM by y_nnis » Logged
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »

Still waiting on that App Store review, we made a teaser trailer for Monster Snack!

A launch announcement shouldn't be long now...

Why don't you give the trailer a spin and tell us what you think?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:12:36 AM by y_nnis » Logged
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 01:03:18 AM »

Great news everyone! After having a few issues with Apple's review yesterday (that lead us to believe that we were not going to launch until sometime next week), Monster Snack made its way to the App Store late last night (on GMT)!

Gaspaude is on the loose and LeCroque has been zapping at those crystals since the early hours!

You can download Monster Snack here for free, so give it a go and tell us what you think!
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 03:21:18 AM »

Hey also did you not see this?

http://indiegames.com/2014/08/ios_pick_monster_snack_total_e.html

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic