Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 05:41:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)OS Best Practices and me
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: OS Best Practices and me  (Read 4254 times)
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »

really?

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 02:29:37 PM »

Some won't play it, some will bother you to release your source code, but some will appreciate you taking the time to port your game to Linux.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »

By the way, /Library/Application Support is not where you want to put shared resources and what not on a Mac, that directory requires admin access.

So why do Apple say this on the subject

Quote from: Apple
If the resources apply to all users on the system, such as document templates, place them in /Library/Application Support. If the resources are user-specific, such as workspace configuration files, place them in the current user’s ~/Library/Application Support directory.

That sounds to me like files that are shared between all users go in /Library/Application Support.

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »

By the way, /Library/Application Support is not where you want to put shared resources and what not on a Mac, that directory requires admin access.

So why do Apple say this on the subject

Quote from: Apple
If the resources apply to all users on the system, such as document templates, place them in /Library/Application Support. If the resources are user-specific, such as workspace configuration files, place them in the current user’s ~/Library/Application Support directory.

That sounds to me like files that are shared between all users go in /Library/Application Support.

Those are "constant" files that are shared between all users, not rapidly changing content like user content.  Those files would be established at installation time (with admin rights) and only change with things like game updates.

What would John Carmack do?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic