Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 06:26:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSketchbrawlers kicks ass
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Sketchbrawlers kicks ass  (Read 5689 times)
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »

Sketchbrawlers Kicks Ass is the first in the Sketchbrawlers franchise. It is a 3D fighting game that you draw (or load) your own face and fight through 35 pages of a crazy notepad come to life. It has high end rendering with shadows, post fx, physics etc and an awesome cast of sketchy fighters. It also features a bumping hiphop/rock soundtrack produced just for the game by miami hip hop superstars 'Pistul Whip'

It uses a  high end 3d engine (SubaZ) and has super cool technology for an indie game. Its a MattG game and Im crazy!  Sketchbrawlers will be out soon. Its 525MB cause I make BIG GAMES

The prerelease full version is up and running today so if you are a reviewer or want to write a preview, holla!

www.sketchbrawlers.com
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:05:49 AM by MattG » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:49:06 PM »

looking forward to the release. you said a pre-release was available all the way back in june, but the final game isn't out yet? how much longer? Smiley

MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:04:30 PM »

Just waiting for validation from Intel. The first release versions are done Beer! It will also be at the new Indiecity.com site hopefully one of the Opening Day release titles.

I suggest a gamepad(rumble too) and a duo core with a gpu but basicly any system from the last few years.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:11:57 PM »

my computer isn't new but isn't old, here are its stats:

3.0 core 2 duo
3gb ddr2 ram
9800 gt
xbox controller

should that be able to run it?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:18:35 PM by Paul Eres » Logged

MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »

should be butter. I sent you a free prerelease copy( a 20$ value on the price is right) to your gmail because you ARE Paul Eres. My goal was to make a game that has cutting edge tech, but a super clean look, and 'instant' user content that fits.

Its got alot going on(RT physics, lighting, shadows, postfx, volumetric particles, etc)for a minimalist design so let me know how it runs.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »

this looks far better than i expected, the look of this reminds me of a lot of simple but nice looking games i used to get at the store when i didn't have a decent internet connection. i'll try to buy a copy of this when it's released, but i often don't get many games i want, but usually because i'm just too lazy (Celestial Mechanica, Deepak Fights Robots, and a few others).

anyway, i look forward to it. Coffee
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »

this looks far better than i expected, the look of this reminds me of a lot of simple but nice looking games i used to get at the store when i didn't have a decent internet connection. i'll try to buy a copy of this when it's released, but i often don't get many games i want, but usually because i'm just too lazy (Celestial Mechanica, Deepak Fights Robots, and a few others).

anyway, i look forward to it. Coffee

Yes its  a super clean and simple look but high tech, very hard to beat all 35 pages, and a ton of characters and effects.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 07:30:40 PM »

haha, this actually looks pretty interesting. If it comes at a good price, I might get it. I like how you've segregated the game in to different categories like 'explicit language' and 'girls only'.
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 02:52:29 AM »

haha, this actually looks pretty interesting. If it comes at a good price, I might get it. I like how you've segregated the game in to different categories like 'explicit language' and 'girls only'.

Its not going to be dirt cheap like an IOS game or a steam junker, but alot less than an ea or activion game.  Of course if you have no money I suggest you borrow a copy(no drm)! The explicit language version and the mainstream version are coming out asnap, but Libby Lashes Out wont be ready till sometime in the future.  Toast Right
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 06:38:27 AM »

Of course if you have no money I suggest you borrow a copy(no drm)!

That's a wonderful attitude I wish more game developers would adopt! Grin:handthumbsupR: One catches more flies with honey, right?

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »

Of course if you have no money I suggest you borrow a copy(no drm)!

That's a wonderful attitude I wish more game developers would adopt! Grin:handthumbsupR: One catches more flies with honey, right?

agreed!
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »

yo mattg your game was mentioned on RPS. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/07/and-a-bunch-of-other-random-indie-bits/
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 08:07:02 AM »

awesome!!!! Hopefully they do more
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:48:08 AM by MattG » Logged
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 07:49:54 AM »

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:33:20 PM by MattG » Logged
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »

the validation process at intel is painful. Thank god this baby will be born soon
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:04:35 AM by MattG » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »

This should be your avatar MattG