Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411655 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:41:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEnglish Country Tune
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: English Country Tune  (Read 4012 times)
increpare
« on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:12 AM »

This game COSTS MONEY.  For PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad.  There's a demo and stuff.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:25:00 PM by increpare » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:03:02 AM »

looks good, looking forward to it

hard to predict how it plays just from the trailer (not that i should be able to predict that from a trailer)

also might want to make 480p the default on the site (but i don't remember how to do that)

will it contain more content than your free games (in terms of game length / number of levels)?

will the game have music? the trailers don't, and with the game's title that seems a little incongruous (but maybe that's intentional?)

increpare
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:53:43 AM »

also might want to make 480p the default on the site (but i don't remember how to do that)
It's not possible to specify the quality of embedded youtube videos Sad

hard to predict how it plays just from the trailer (not that i should be able to predict that from a trailer)
There'll be a demo for the Desktop version.

will it contain more content than your free games (in terms of game length / number of levels)?
It takes about 6 hours for people to complete - it's a puzzle game though so this will vary considerably from person to person.  

will the game have music? the trailers don't, and with the game's title that seems a little incongruous (but maybe that's intentional?)
The game has a soundtrack.  It's rather ambient though, which seemed incongruous with the desire to have a snappily-paced trailer.
verticalvertex
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:35:10 AM »

Love the colors.

It's all good.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »

This might be the first time I'll actually pay for an iPhone app. 

Theophilus
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »

I am definitely buying this. Looks really nice, and exactly what I'd expect to come from you.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »

well, I'll already have my wallet out for the steam sales, indie royale, and various other sales. might as well pick this one up too.

lookin' forward to it.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »

Looks really great, but it also seems like one of those puzzle games that I can never wrap my head around. Anyways, good luck, and I hope you get a lot of sales.
increpare
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 01:30:25 AM »

Thanks guys.  Just trying to get my website sorted out today.  EEK.
increpare
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 04:38:07 PM »

And it's out.
Zaphos
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »

nice, congrats on the release!
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »

I break my vow of silence to say simply this:

Yeah, this game is pretty damn amazing.  My Word!

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 10:59:11 AM »

Awesome game Smiley

Good work & good luck Increpare!

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 01:28:34 PM »

This is the best puzzle game I've played since Braid. So, so excellent.

I have a suggestion for the iOS version... I've hit the reset button by accident a few times and it's really frustrating. What if you had to hold down the reset button for a second before it went through?

increpare
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 05:41:46 PM »

I have a suggestion for the iOS version... I've hit the reset button by accident a few times and it's really frustrating.
You can undo a reset...
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »

Facepalm I am so dumb. Thanks for the tip!

Zaphos
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 07:07:12 PM »

I think increpare kinda broke an edge reviewer ... http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/english-country-tune-review
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 02:26:41 AM »

Finished this last night. Thought it was brilliant. I haven't played a puzzle game that makes better use of thinking in 3D. Thank you for making it.

Quote from: Edge review
with the unlockable tree of levels frequently converging into unskippable chokepoints, ECT is unforgiving
Yeah... it seemed to me that people are going to get blocked pretty easily when they probably would have been able to tackle a lot of later areas if they'd been allowed to access them. There isn't a clear progression of increasing difficulty over the whole game, in particular because there's a variety of mechanics. Have you considered letting players skip levels? Or at least reduce the dependencies for reaching later content?
st33d
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 03:34:29 AM »

World of Goo gave you a limited amount of skips, which I found quite encouraging. I felt skips made me want to save skips and push myself to finish puzzles.

Does anyone else have trouble figuring out what direction key is going to do what? I kept pressing all of them just to figure out which way I could actually go. Then I buggered up the puzzle because I pressed the wrong direction. Is there a key to get a HUD for that?

Otherwise pretty good.  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
increpare
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 05:17:25 AM »

St33d, is it in the top-down/side-on levels that you get this confusion, or all levels? 

Thanks, h&b.  Older versions of the game unlocked more worlds a lot earlier, but I didn't like it.  There are lots of different possible ways of approaching it, but ultimately I'm ok with people getting stuck (within reason), the fact that there might be locked levels that they could solve notwithstanding.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic