Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 09:08:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEnglish Country Tune
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: English Country Tune  (Read 4011 times)
st33d
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 05:41:00 AM »

I only played the top down levels in the demo. I got a bit too frustrated with the controls as I could never understand what logic applied where.

It's probably really easy if you're not dyslexic.
increpare
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:01 AM »

I only played the top down levels in the demo. I got a bit too frustrated with the controls as I could never understand what logic applied where.
The logic for those levels is "if you press in a direction, you move in that direction if you can, relative to the camera".  But, I can imagine this being complicated with dyslexia and camera-relative controls.  Once the first world is finished the camera changes to a chase camera with player-relative controls, for most levels.  Very interesting, though...
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »

This game is just fantastic! Smiley
Horribly frustrating in certain levels, but still so very satisfying.

st33d
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »

Well this is weird.

The iPad version is pretty easy to get the hang of. I completed the Whale and Larva sections before deciding it was about time for me to do some coding. I still had trouble moving at times, but for some odd reason a failed swipe seems less frustrating than a failed keypress.

Even the puzzles seemed easier. Swiping towards stuff suggested where stuff was going. Pressing a key meant I had to make an association in my head, and it never seemed to do what my brain reckoned it was going to do. I was trying to solve puzzles on two fronts.

Today in the office we were talking about Edge and my coworker asked me how the controls were - I reported that they were really hard compared to the computer version, but felt like how the game was actually meant to be played. It was harder, but also more fun. Another guy in the office was surprised at this and said that he couldn't use the computer controls at all (he started off on the iPhone version) and in his opinion the desktop version was an inferior port.

My only bug bear with the iPad version is that the larva balls look a bit ugly (something about the flat lighting on everything else contrasting with the style of lighting on the larva balls). Otherwise quite interesting to play.   Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »

it looks great!! Plays Tight!!!  and is super engaging till it got too hard. at least for me. I couldnt get through a puzzle and couldnt create any alt way through and I had to give up.
increpare
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »

Thanks for the report, st33d, very interesting to hear how people get along with controls.

(I couldn't get used to the touch controls on edge, any of the options available.  I haven't tried the PC version yet - I'd probably get along better with it there for some reason).
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 07:38:15 PM »

Just one more Half Sided level to go... :O :O :O

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 11:13:46 PM »

Half-sided is easily the cruelest thing this game has to offer!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic