Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 07:05:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIndie Christmas Bundle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Christmas Bundle  (Read 1371 times)
Deza
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:35:37 AM »

Hai everyone. I'm putting together a bundle in time for Christmas. The bundle will be free for everyone. If you would like your game(s) in it, please send me a link in an email or as a reply here.
http://dereksewell.co.uk/bundle/

Many thanks, Deza.
Kramlack
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:15:24 AM »

Does the world really need another indie bundle? The answer is no.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this right? I mean, I'm all fine and happy with bundles but they're going at the rate of one a week, at least, I seemingly hear about a new one once a week. Tone that shit down.
Deza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:16:37 AM »

I just wanted to spread some light hearted Christmas spirit, but I'm sorry if that offended you some how.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 03:30:51 AM »

Well, it IS free, so no harm done if there's free games. Bundles might be bad if games are sold dirt cheap, amirite?

Yeah.
Deza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 03:54:45 AM »

Well, it IS free, so no harm done if there's free games. Bundles might be bad if games are sold dirt cheap, amirite?
I think so.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 04:05:10 AM »

Yeah, I don't really see what the problem with this is. However, I'm not sure I see much point in it either.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 04:31:50 AM »

if he publicizes it its a way to get your game out there... otherwise its pretty random
Kramlack
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended that you want to make a bundle (in fact I think it's pretty nice), and this wasn't directly aimed at you (Deza), but the community as a whole. I'm getting tired of bundles for everything. It was meant to be a fundraiser thing at first (and I think it still is) but they come out so often that I've completely stopped giving a shit for them and feel they've lost a lot of their meaning.

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 05:27:50 AM »

The reactions in this thread are a bit too strong, I think. I saw Deza's post as a good-natured desire to make a community Christmas present Smiley

Then again, the problem is in the name, "Indie Christmas Bundle", because we have too many bundles and the indie community is in a reactive mode. It should be called something like the "A Christmas Present Bundle of Joy", and then it would have been a bit pleasantly ironic nudgenudgeknowwhatimean, fun and in the season spirit.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended that you want to make a bundle (in fact I think it's pretty nice), and this wasn't directly aimed at you (Deza), but the community as a whole. I'm getting tired of bundles for everything. It was meant to be a fundraiser thing at first (and I think it still is) but they come out so often that I've completely stopped giving a shit for them and feel they've lost a lot of their meaning.
From what I understand this is going to be a free bundle of freeware games. Is getting a bunch of games in one zip file rather than having to download them individually really worthy of scorn?

I agree with your opinion of the whole "bundle" fad to an extent, but I think this was the wrong thread to express it.
Kramlack
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53:13 AM »

I agree with Mikademus that it should have a different name than 'Christmas Bundle', but it definitely wasn't worth getting antsy over, you're right, so I apologize. I'll chalk it up to morning ranting/stupidity.

EDIT: There we go, fixed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:17:55 AM by Kramlack » Logged
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »

It should be called something like the "A Christmas Present Bundle of Joy"

I agree with Mikademus that it shouldn't be called a 'bundle'

Huh?

Laserbrain Studios
Kramlack
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 07:16:41 AM »

I'll chalk it up to morning ranting/stupidity.

It strikes again! Derp.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:06:17 AM »

Hehe... Coffee!

Laserbrain Studios
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »

i think this is a good idea. but i'm not sure what the point is: will the bundle contain games that you *normally* have to pay for, but which will be free just on xmas? or will the bundle contain games which are normally free?

i think the former might be interesting, but the latter is kind of pointless

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic