Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 03:28:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallElectrikill Released on Newgrounds
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Electrikill Released on Newgrounds  (Read 581 times)
VictorGrunn
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:04 AM »

Heya all. Around half a year ago I decided I wanted to try and actually make some games, and came here for some advice on how to start out. Some nice sorts gave me good tips about tutorials, a library to work with (Flixel), among others. I made it my goal to get a flash game completed and sponsored before the end of this year. Well, I managed to pull that off, thankfully.

And so here it is, on Newgrounds: Electrikill!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/585374

20 levels of click-shooter, with some achievements, upgrades, some optional-to-read story, and a pretty dodgy UI.

My first attempt, and it pales in comparison to a lot of the offerings on Tigsource. Even now I'm trying to track down a couple bugs (the no-save one in particular eludes me), but while browsing here I noticed the announcements category and figured I'd share the link. I'm hoping to get far more done, with far more skill, in 2012. But considering Ekill managed to pick up a daily award and hang around on the featured list for a little bit on Newgrounds, I'm pretty damn happy with my first game/coding project ever.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic