Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 02:50:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo Switch (formerly NX)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)  (Read 66618 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: January 13, 2017, 07:25:40 PM »

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:10:00 PM by gimymblert » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 13, 2017, 08:09:46 PM »

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 13, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »

The new Zelda looks cool but it doesn't interest me nearly as much as this new Mario game! The city bits remind me of Mario is Missing except... Mario isn't missing. So what you will about Mario is Missing and Mario's Time machine but those concepts are great ideas and given the Nintendo treatment could be wonderful. Plus all those neat locations like the desert world just look so great, please Nintendo tell us more about Mario isn't Missing!

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: January 14, 2017, 03:15:46 AM »

gameplay about ARMS

Looks interesting but that view is impossible to play with
wtf

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: January 14, 2017, 09:05:21 AM »

this already has more exclusives that i want to play than the xbox one so i'd say this is worthwhile
Same here.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 14, 2017, 01:27:42 PM »

I think they might sell "upgrade dock" at some time later with performance booster, that would be a great way to soft upgrade the console without the consumer feeling burned and have less monetary impact, by cascading the dock and tablet cost and upgrade they might have a nice model in their hand, like they upgraded the ds with lite, xl, etc ... without breaking consumer confidence. Also it's basically a smartphone internally, won't be surprise if that don't work, they start selling apps that play their game directly on smartphone but with new dock and casing to keep the continuity.

I wouldn't be surprise if the time exclusive with apple is in fact the start of a courting which would allow apple to create a nintendo/itv hybrid with the power of nintendo's brand and finally compete in the living room. But that's even wilder speculation.

They have a smart move on their hand, I wonder how well they will play it.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 14, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »

I wouldn't count on that though. The dock seems more like a glorified charging station than anything else since the direction they're going with it is clearly just a docking station ala 3DS. I doubt they'd make an "external GPU" kinda deal with a future revision of the dock. It would dramatically increase the difference between docked and undocked performance, and being reminded of the tablet's poorer performance every time you undock it sounds like something Nintendo wouldn't want.

Mind you, I think that the docking station they're got going right now is pretty smart. I'd be pretty happy to just have a dock that outputs 3DS games to a TV or something, and the switch is pretty much that, plus a few new interesting gimmicks.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 14, 2017, 02:05:38 PM »

Not necessarily dramatic:

- zelda wii u = 720p
- prtable zelda switch = 720p
- dock zelda switch  = 900p
- improved optional dock 1 = 1080p
- improved optional dock pro = 4k

I mean for resolution bump, like those razer laptop and also the patent nintendo is having that does that.

edit: that's why the dock is at 90€ while being just a plastic pass through, they will keep price continuity imho (shield 2 is 99€ with a screen).

also the UI glimpse

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:23:04 PM by gimymblert » Logged

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: January 14, 2017, 03:46:51 PM »

Apparently the dock has a cooler fan and when docked, the cpu/gpu runs at higher frequencies. So, I don't think they can just upgrade the dock.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 14, 2017, 06:21:58 PM »

What I mean is not the dock will be updated, but there will be another version for "compute powa", since the connection of the dock is mediated by the USB-C that works as a a litteral jack of all trade, the current dock take output from the usb then split it for hdmi while routing electric power to the console too. When upgraded, it will take data from the usb and then send it to the compute unit that will then output hdmi data ...

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 14, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #611 on: January 14, 2017, 11:37:18 PM »

gameplay about ARMS

Looks interesting but that view is impossible to play with
wtf

The view doesn't look too bad - playing single-player or online multiplayer would probably be no problem.

The game looks pretty fun. I'd like to see how many characters there'll be, and if the stages have additional gimmicks (like electric fences or something). Looks like the equipped fists act differently when pummeling - maybe they have different stats, too. I wonder if there's any significant differences between fighters, as well. There could be quite a bit of depth here. The motion controls look pretty responsive, too.

It all looks pretty good.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 15, 2017, 04:48:18 AM »

apharmd had the best theme in virtual on
miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 15, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »

Mario Kart 8 on the go is my dream come true.
Sad there is no new tracks...
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 15, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »

HD rumble used to feel the road texture you are driving on in mk8

- Cannot write on game cards (not even for game saves, it seems), all goes on the internal 32GB flash memory.
- Expanded storage via microSD already taking up to 2 TB, even if nobody will have those cards at home at launch.
- The system is actually ready to take external USB drives for additional storage, but as it'd be via those ports on the dock, you wouldn't be able to take games with you, so Nintendo is still looking at it and thus this option won't be active at launch.
Thraktor's speculation was on the money, serial transmission for the cartridge meant faster read speeds but it would have been very expensive to add a memory controller and flash storage into a game card. Since the Switch has 32GB of storage, it became likely it would use that to save data as opposed to making game cards expensive with having flash storage.
USB 3 has enough bandwidth to use an external GPU. Hopefully at a later date we'll see more powerful docks
no. external GPUs are only really coming about thanks to thunderbolt 3 which is lower latency and higher bandwidth compared to USB. there's no way nintendo would ever try this.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333551

http://imgur.com/6fUrrE5

Unofficial mascot is ready

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 15, 2017, 12:22:18 PM »

Mario Kart 8 on the go is my dream come true.
Sad there is no new tracks...
- 4 player local 1080p 60 fps docked
- 40+ tracks
- up to 8 players in lan
- BATTLE MODE WITH PROPER TRACKS!

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: January 15, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »

It's still 30fps for 4 players local. But it is 1080p.

For reference, on the WiiU it was 720p. So it is slightly more powerful than the WiiU.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 15, 2017, 01:57:52 PM »

2 wiiu ducktapes confirm, we know what's the power level of their next console if any, 2 switch duck tape together

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 15, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »

i dont much care for this computer
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 15, 2017, 02:39:52 PM »

Well this put things in perspective

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334286