Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411574 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 06:06:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMalaika Princess - The Game (2D RPG action Endless Runner )
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Author Topic: Malaika Princess - The Game (2D RPG action Endless Runner )  (Read 73646 times)
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2020, 09:29:07 AM »

I dont know
The term i use is Malaika not Malika
Malika for example is a department in Senegal lmao
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malika_(Pikine)
https://www.airbnb.fr/s/Malika--Senegal
(you google malika senegal )

The meaning might be similar to Malaika wich means in swahili "angel"

Now if the term Malaika is popular in africa, i cant tell
I created Malaika princess in 2005, back in that time, i'm pretty sure the term was pretty rare into the internets

edit
Since we talk a bit off video game
My product 2d art asset Junk heaven also made it to the CGafrica Marketstore (after unreal market and unity )
http://www.marketplace.cgafrica.com/product/2d-art-assets-junk-heaven-complete-set/

Unity is really cool since they pay you each unit unlike unreal ^^ (but nevermind, i'll be patient for unreal )
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:32:59 AM by airman4 » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »

That's cool (both things)

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »

New video !!!! for the new year 2020 !!!
I will work maybe to release a demo not public, for possible testers to improve it in the right direction

For now, no sound inside the game
I totally focus on gameplay and the actual game
Right now
I have made a big work on animation, i think all animation or almost all of the heroine are there
The game is simplified so no more super attack or maybe i could add one when you charge the shoot ? (no charge yet )
You have Two special moves
Dash wich can be an attack since in the game to attack you have only to touch .
Shoot wich can be useful to shoot something you missed

The Core concept is to protect and destroy the Giant in front of you (Omirokan )
The giant will generally build non stop moving structures to destroy the artifacts and the humans you protect
Where the action takes place is still unsure, either a dream or reality, more infos next.
The point of the game is to avoid most destruction for the water kingdom and destroy the giant weapon (kingdom of fire/light )
Gameplay is particular cause you have to touch to perform an action, the hardship will be that you'll have to find a way to stop and counter attack at the same time !

You have for now two type of projectiles to stop and send back to the Omirokan
The squared bombs, and the little small hot orbs
The squared bombs make some big damages and the orbs some less
The squared bombs can be touched, dashed or shoot, you can also dash them and shoot them and touch them ! There is many possiblities for sending them back
The squared bombs shot are ejected in air
The hot orbs are basically jumpers, you can also shoot them several times
The bricks are destroyed by the allied giant behind you, you can walk or jump against those bricks

So here we go !
The video and the other would be progression, if i manage to go through
Its a lot of work and its hard to do with no budget but i'll do my best to propose something cool

edit
Some gameplay problems left to be fixed of course.

1080p 60 fps

The game is a mixture of Tower defense and platformer/action ala megaman.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:14:15 PM by airman4 » Logged

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2020, 04:27:32 AM »

Good news and bad news

Bad news
My graphic tablet intuos 4 is dead, i'm heading out to try to fix it, the usb connecter walked away so we gonna try to put it back in place
So for now, no draw and art for me
I'll work code and sound design of my next anime

Good news
My game Malaika princess now have a custom controls page !
Called "Bios game" Cheesy I'll find a way to make it so you can access it anytime

Currently working on imrpoving the gameplay and such

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: January 11, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »

I bought an art tablet
https://www.amazon.com/INSPIROY-Wireless-Digital-Graphic-Pressure/dp/B07GRLLG6S/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Huion+INSPIROY+Q11K+Wireless+Digital+Graphic+Drawing+Pen+Tablet+8192+Pen+Pressure+8+Express+Keys&qid=1578795066&s=electronics&sr=1-4
Since they ship to senegal, i didnt hesitated much
I dont expect a wacom quality but i hope it does the trick
In any case i'll keep using the bamboo small tablet i use now

For the game, i'm done with the custom controls for keyboard (mapping for game controller should be easier but i cant much test since i dont own many controllers )
The custom controls seems working well

All keys of the keyboard are customizable so you cant escape while you are in the custom menu unless you set all the controls up and its easy and quick to do

Video of the custom controls

1080p 60 fps

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »

Hope it turns out to be reliable (enough) hardware! Hand Thumbs Up Left
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2020, 09:54:34 AM »

Hope it turns out to be reliable (enough) hardware! Hand Thumbs Up Left

I already paid, so yeah lets hope
Its really hard right now, drawing with the remplacement small tablet
But i can draw, its weird but i would manage to do something

But for now i'm working on sound effect for my animated movie and gameplay programming for my game, so no really art

Video of the dead Intuos 4 wacom

That intuos lasted for more than a decade if i remember so it was hard to see it dying
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:00:45 AM by airman4 » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2020, 11:50:49 AM »

Good to see progress!

But windows recognize your bamboo? I'm being told it's no longer supported and i have all sort of shit input because of that!

However I think i'll skip toward drawing monitor directly, when I have money, since i'm gonna start doing art seriously now the prep are done. With the advent of mobile tablet and smartphone, price have kind of fallen with cheap alternatives.

Also I found out that malika mean reine, and malaika mean angel, that explain a lot lol

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2020, 12:01:54 PM »

Good to see progress!

But windows recognize your bamboo? I'm being told it's no longer supported and i have all sort of shit input because of that!

However I think i'll skip toward drawing monitor directly, when I have money, since i'm gonna start doing art seriously now the prep are done. With the advent of mobile tablet and smartphone, price have kind of fallen with cheap alternatives.

Also I found out that malika mean reine, and malaika mean angel, that explain a lot lol

That could explain why my bamboo is shaking right now, i'm struggling getting a cursor stable
But oddly enough when i get my bamboo ctl 470 away from my computer and screen, the cursor stops shaking out

Still, i'm getting better and better with that and i could re-draw maybe tomorrow, i'll try

For the drawing monitor, yeah you have now the drawing tablets
Check that
https://www.thearchitectsguide.com/blog/best-drawing-tablets

https://www.amazon.com/Artist15-6-Drawing-Graphics-Battery-Free-Pressure/dp/B077PCCC7R?imprToken=GWk.Brrx6SyPR9Atbek6dQ&slotNum=5&psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAIA3UEVTLIG7AIKFA&tag=thearcsgui07-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B077PCCC7R
The price is kind of low, a bit pricey but its definitly affordable

I could get one myself ! (but again a wireless tablet ^^ )

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2020, 08:23:12 PM »

This item does not ship to Martinique. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally.
Angry Cry

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2020, 12:25:24 AM »

This item does not ship to Martinique. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally.
Angry Cry

Keep looking, also type the same model tablet that you like and goes in on amazon
The huion tablet i bought shipped to the senegal but the others article on amazon refused lol
The same tablet but with some different prices though

Its super weird, but yeah keep looking, i dont know if amazon have a select option of article shipping to your place

Or last option, ship it into france and ask a friend in france to ship you back
Or maybe in france they are companies who can help your case

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: January 30, 2020, 03:24:00 PM »

Hello !
So a cool update outside the death of Kobe bryant (very sad, despite me being more inspired by  Jordan in my basket game i loved that guy a lot )

So the cool update is that the anime i worked on is done and the client wich is the youtuber superjombobo posted the trailers !!
The anime is a free take on the popular video game Bloons TD6
I've made a 2d anime on this and its around 10 mns and it will be revealed tomorrow !

Here are the two trailers

The Road - Bloons TD 6 Official Trailer 1

Trailer 2 - Official Trailer. FULL VIDEO COMING TOMORROW!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lQYJZ04yCM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1woQsH2M_Y7_6bMyZdUTgUwaIBi3HKDMkaJXdpccRhDbjl3yqQo2NyPaY&t=16s
 Smiley

Now its done, i'm working on my game Malaika princess and managed to fully do a custom control panel + advancing in the gameplay
Its kinda fun but stills need some work, some cool video to come too there ! Smiley

Edit
I got my tablet Huion and its awful, guys who draw, just stick to WACOM , seriously. Angry

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2020, 06:47:08 AM »

How it's awful, explain!

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2020, 06:51:52 AM »

How it's awful, explain!

How to start
Globally, the feeling is just not good at all, kind of janky in the cursor movement
Despite that the worse is that my pen wont even work without the wire who charge it (yep , when i remove the wire, nothing happens and i mean NOTHING )
The least thing wich works is the tablet being wireless wich is cool but useless
Its really annoying to move around with a pencil wired to something close xd

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2020, 08:11:21 AM »

Oh god ... Yesterday I was still evaluating option to get one lol, I guess that's out, anyway, nothing good under my budget ... I'm starting to see that maybe a regular mobile tablet + spacedesk + a cheap mobile touchpen probably my best bet (with a bit of lag, unless the tablet support 5ghz wifi?) I mostly need something better than a mice. I'm very afraid of janky cursor though, anything else is minor inconvenience. I tried with my phone, the screen is just too small ...

Congrats on finishing the anime too!

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2020, 08:41:32 AM »

Oh god ... Yesterday I was still evaluating option to get one lol, I guess that's out, anyway, nothing good under my budget ... I'm starting to see that maybe a regular mobile tablet + spacedesk + a cheap mobile touchpen probably my best bet (with a bit of lag, unless the tablet support 5ghz wifi?) I mostly need something better than a mice. I'm very afraid of janky cursor though, anything else is minor inconvenience. I tried with my phone, the screen is just too small ...

Congrats on finishing the anime too!

Yeah GETS WACOM !!!!!!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT
There is cheap wacom i believe , dont get those others brands
Check this

Believe me , dont get those brands tablets, Wacom only. I lost basically hundreds of dollars

Oh i forgot
The huion pen stops randomly or no i dunno, its weird and hard to figure out
But it stops frequently and making re-working is not that easy, sometimes you make crazy speed movements on the tablet to make it start moving again or ... you reboot the entire PC... Facepalm

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2020, 09:42:58 AM »

To be frank I mostly need a better mouse, no tilt no erasure no pression, just a screen to draw. Latency and precision I what I'm looking for as an entry point.

The cheaper wacom is out of my budget, it's at least 400, that's 150 per month, can't eat. I'm looking for job but I need a portfolio, so chicken and eggs really. I barely have a working chair now and one of my computer broke. It's getting critical lol. I really need to assess my skills, I have some, but since I stayed out for a while (to work on my project concept) I kind of forgot what I can actually provide to the market (on internet) so I lost confidence. Locally I have no offering which isn't surprising, at least not until I got back to a certain level.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:51:21 AM by gimymblert » Logged

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2020, 09:52:02 AM »

To be frank I mostly need a better mouse, no tilt no erasure no pression, just a screen to draw. Latency and precision I what I'm looking for as an entry point.

The cheaper wacom is out of my budget, it's at least 400, that's 150 per month, can't eat. I'm looking for job but I need a portfolio, so chicken and eggs really. I barely have a working chair now and one of my computer broke. It's getting critical lol. I really need to assess my skills, I have some, but since I stayed out for a while (to work on my project concept) I kind of forgot what I can actually provide to the market (on internet) so I lost confidence. Locally I have no offering which isn't surprising, at least not until I got back to a certain level.

Dat one ?
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Graphics-Animation-Beginners-DTC133W0A/dp/B082LZXQ6B/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=wacom+tablet&qid=1580493101&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVU1WRjVQVUQ1VUNGJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE3MDA4Mk9MVDhYVlkzQzhPNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDUxNDI1MTZZWFBQNEdDNlRHNiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Also maybe try this ?
https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Mouse-2-Pack-Adjustable-Ergonomic/dp/B07611RDP5/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=mouse+tablet&qid=1580493671&sr=8-15

Or ask around if anyone have one
I could get one myself but its not wacom so...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 10:03:02 AM by airman4 » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2020, 10:32:54 AM »

Yeah that one, I looked at the review on the youtube you linked lol

But that pen mouse is still just a mouse (doesn't have a sense of screen space), I was hinting at being able to access any point of the screen like a tablet does. More like a smartphone screen, I say better mouse as in no need for the fancy anglepressureerasure stuff, but still very much a tablet.

It's just I had hoped to have cheap display tablet, as my screen is dying too, but I guess I'll have to find a good old graphic tablet. It's less than 100€.

Thanks for the tips though.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2020, 02:15:36 AM »

The movie is here

I'll post some video of my game later if i dont get too much bugs

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic