Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:36:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsduck
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: duck  (Read 5530 times)
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 04:16:02 AM »

STOKED.

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 06:14:01 AM »

duck fight ripoff
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

The world needs more duck fight ripoffs.
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »

I am excited to see this return. Epileptic
BoxedLunch
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »

Day 2
Okay, technically it's day 7, but i haven't really been able to work on it for the past week. I really wanted to work on it Sunday, but i was very sick and could barely do anything. The next day was the same way, but i was still getting better, and that was even worse. Luckily, that went away around 2 PM. The rest of the week i had school and for some reason this had to be the week i get the most work possible. Tired

Now that i have the chance to finally work on this again, i've been trying to get a few things done. Tonight i added a few more tiles that were left from the old game, and changed their colors a bit to make them look a little better, and i made slope versions of them too, because i've been doing that with most of the block tiles. I also spent a lot of time doing something to get the platforming to work, which i'm starting to think i didn't even have to do. Basically, i made everything in the game so far double the size, so that way i could use the same values in the physics variables in my player code as i do in my edit of the Grandma Engine i have lying around. Half of the problems i've been having recently seem to have been with getting the player to move just right, so it's good to get that out of the way, although some more slight changes may need to be made eventually.

The change also lets me make certain sprites, tiles, and backgrounds easier and have them look better. For example, the gradient i used for the sky was a little crappy before, but now with the bigger size, i am able to make the whole thing look a lot smoother. The old one is on the left in the picture below, while the new one is on the right. I did resize them, because at their current sizes, they probably wouldn't fit in the post.

Tomorrow i'm gonna try and fix whatever i have left in the basic platforming stuff, and then i'll try to get the other features of it like boxes, ladders and other things to work right.

I really liked the game.. but the collision with objects is just awful.
Thanks! And don't worry about the collision now, i was using different platforming code back then, and the game now uses Matt Thorson's Grandma Engine, which works really well for this sort of thing. Smiley

And yes guys, i am ripping off duck fight. It's just such a great game, with it's in depth fighting system and all. I cried when i first played it. I'm really not sure if i can even make anything just half as great as that game. Sad
BoxedLunch
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »

Anyway, i started working a bit on this, along with whatever else i'm working on. This is just one of those things i can't let die. If it was, i'd have let it die a long time ago. I'll try and work more on the game tomorrow, but i can't promise anything because i get distracted very easily. Tonight i just messed with the physics stuff, added a few new tiles, as well as a few other little things. I also worked on the sprite for Platypus (Duck's girlfriend). Her look will probably go through a lot of change before the game is done, but for now what i have works pretty well.

I'm glad to be working on this again! Gentleman
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »

Reminds me of this sprite I made a long time ago.
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:28 PM »

That gif scares me..
Keep at it!
Conker534
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »

This is really cool. I love the stuffs.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »

still working on this. lately i've been fixing things that weren't working and have been adding in a few new things like balls you can throw, switches, dialogue, and water.

here's some sprites i've been working on.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »

I like the art, too. Looks simple, but unique.

ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 04:52:55 AM »

please don't die
Kurt
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 05:58:31 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]
Print