Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:14:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDas Verrückte Labyrinth Adaptation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Das Verrückte Labyrinth Adaptation  (Read 602 times)
Orz
Level 1

"When nothing is done, nothing is left undone."

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »

Last Christmas I discovered a German board game called "Das Verrückte Labyrinth".  I just got a new job that is forcing me to learn Flash, so I made a video version of it.

http://spaghettilogic.org/labyrinth

On each turn, you slide a row or column of light-grey tiles by clicking & dragging the mouse, then  click  the place where you want your guy to move.  If you touch any goodies on the way, you'll pick them up.  The first person to pick up a majority of the treasure wins.

It's not a faithful adaptation, mainly for ease of programming.  In the original game, there was one extra piece, and you could rotate it whichever way you wanted before inserting it in a row or column. In my version, tiles just slide off one side and on to the other.

My version also generates tiles randomly, not drawn from a distribution as in the board game. This makes it possible to have "crossroad" and "cul-de-sac" chunks, not just t-junctions and l-junctions. This makes the game easier in some ways and harder in others.

Finally, the original gameplay was more like a scavenger hunt. You had a list of items and had to find one at a time.

I listed this as 100% finished because I met all my design goals (I can play it on the couch with my girlfriend as-is).  If I get bored or need a break from other projects, I might add some more features. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic