Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:19:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeEcho Island on IndieGoGo.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Echo Island on IndieGoGo.com  (Read 1247 times)
Chaz
Level 0

What the problem is?

View Profile WWW
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »

As I'm in the UK it's not possible for me to start a Kickstarter project, which I've always wanted to do since I discovered the website. Unfortunately from what I gather it's open only to US residents.

I looked for some alternatives and whilst 8BitFunding.com looked ideal, it just doesn't appear to have a massive following at the moment and kind of needs to catch up with other similar sites.

I eventually came to a site called IndieGoGo.com which looks ideal and you get to keep the funds (minus fees, of course) you raise even if you don't reach your target; which I believe is different from Kickstarter, where you have to first reach your goal.

So I posted up a project called 'Echo Island' that I'm chipping away at to test the water with how the gaming community feels about funding these kind of things. I know pixeljam got a nice project going so I'm hoping to also manage to support the game's development through this method, rather than traditional sponsorship. It would offer a lot more freedom I feel.

I'll keep you updated if you find it interesting at all and hopefuly, with a bit of luck, it might inspire others to do the same (providing it works out of course!)

Here's the link to my project: Echo Island on IndieGoGo - of course, feel free to share the link around :D

Wasn't sure where to post this but wanted to share the journey and will update as things happen.

Thanks
Chaz
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:37:25 PM by Chaz » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic