Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 07:03:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVegifighter [gamejolt leaderboards]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Vegifighter [gamejolt leaderboards]  (Read 1850 times)
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »

Really just make use of the mouse where you can.
A lot of people will expect to be able to click a button with the mouse, imho.

Ah yes that is very true, I do not use a mouse so this sometimes slips my mind.

I played with a controller on Windows 7. This was way more fun that I thought it would be with all the different special moves. I have to say though that the menu controls are really unnecessarily confusing. You use "a" to get past the main menu to the character selection screen but then you have to hold "start" to select a character. And how long should I hold start? At the very least you should have a little bar that fills up (or something to that effect) so the player knows something is happening. And pressing "start" to cycle through the characters is just...un-intuitive.

Other than that though I liked the game. The character art is pretty sweet. I'm not a big fan of the pixely look in general but you pulled it off well here.

It wasn't entirely clear what the bar on the side was for, and I never did manage to fill it much, but I did notice my player had a trail when I was doing well. It was a nice effect, made me feel like I was going faster, though I'm not sure if I actually was or not Smiley

If you have a minute and a controller handy, I could really use some help testing my game as well. It's always hard to find people on PC with controllers to test things.

Play here

Link to TIGForums post.

Thanks!
I know what you mean, about the A and start thing. But I don't want people to accidentally select a character they don't want. I should probably just have not make that character select menu playable.

Thanks for the compliment on the art! I am not an artist, but this is probably the best programmer art I have made, it took me way too long for what it is though :p

Yeah I had a lot of feedback on that, I added a video on the gamejolt website which hopefully clears things up a bit.

I decided just to put this thing out here as it is, it still has a lot of flaws but I cannot afford to spend anymore time on it. A different project I'm working has unexpectedly been greenlit, so I have to shift over my time to that.
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Coffee

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic