Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 07:33:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Filled, thank you!]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Filled, thank you!]  (Read 1749 times)
Farplane
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:19:58 AM »

[ Filled, thank you! ]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:38:30 AM by Farplane » Logged
RudyTheDev
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »

What platform are you targeting? LostStar Tactics is for iOS, so would mobile be your target?

Farplane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »

Rudy, mobile and flash would both work well, but for the right programmer we'd consider other platforms as well.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:02:17 AM by Farplane » Logged
Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:52:31 AM »

[edit]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:02:45 AM by AlexHW » Logged

Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »

edit: issue resolved.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:15:51 AM by AlexHW » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »

:0
deathtotheweird
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:32:58 PM »

what a scumbag
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 11:38:59 PM »

I did some work for a man named Brandon Alter (author of this thread) over a year ago, and he never paid me. I've had emails with him countless times where he has said he was waiting to get the money and that he would pay me. I saw him advertising work for people on this board. He continues to do so but with various accounts. And after he gets the work, he erases what he wrote and just posts that it has been filled.
I posted to a few of his threads stating my issue and he said he would pay me part of what he owed if I deleted my comments. Then he gave an excuse about why he hasn't had the money. Since I can't confirm his problem, I accepted part of the payment and deleted my posts. I received the paypal payment from a man named  Brandon Fowler (notice that his last name is different). The email from this person was different as well- [email protected] (rather than [email protected])
I came back on tigsource and noticed more posts by a user named cogsys (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=47053) who was looking for artists and that their project was "well funded".
I found this rather suspicious, and now the posts have been blanked out. There's another user Tobiasinman (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=58936) who has similar posts as well..
So..
I want to give you this information and let you be aware of the situation.
He said in his email to me that he would pay up the rest in february.. He always makes these types of delays.. I haven't received the rest, and when I tried to email him, my email was rejected.
This is the game I did work on: http://wispora.com/loststar/
This thread totally need the words "scam" and "ripoff" so people can find it with a web search.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Farplane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:26:58 AM »

I've sent Alex the remaining money.

In our last email, he said I could pay him by the end of February, and I've done that.

I'm not sure why the email to me would get rejected. I tested it and it seems to work.

Sorry for the delay.  I'll reply more to explain soon.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:58:00 AM by Farplane » Logged
Farplane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 12:42:32 AM »

Although it's not a valid excuse, this is why I wasn't able to pay Alex the remaining amount for a long time:

Our game earned much less than our advisors thought it would, and I tried to get a job for 5 months, but I wasn't able to. For the period that I wasn't able to send Alex his remaining payment, I had trouble finding money for food. I find the cheapest way to eat is to eat mostly dried rice and beans.

I did once post for a project that had funding, but it was 2 years ago, and it was for a different company. I told Alex in the beginning that I would pay him interest also as soon as I could.

By the end, I concluded I could get the money fastest to pay Alex if we just launch another game using what we learned from our last game.

I'm currently working with partners in which we all have profit-share, not salary, and it's going very well. I do have years of references from other team members, including my main partner on my last game, who can vouch for my reliability.

I know I haven't given a valid excuse, and I've made a lot of mistakes, but all I can say is I've tried many different things that seemed like they would work, but they didn't.

I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:20:07 AM by Farplane » Logged
Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 01:23:09 AM »

Okay, so Brandon has contacted me and I guess the issue was that his domain provider had stopped forwarding emails and he couldn't receive any emails I sent. In any case, I can only judge based on what I see, and as far as things go currently, Brandon has paid me the remainder of what was owed. I can only assume that what he says is true.

Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »

Yaaaay happy ending!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic