Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 11:36:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDungeon Hands - Roguelike CCG (Development Rebooted!)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Hands - Roguelike CCG (Development Rebooted!)  (Read 3874 times)
11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 01:57:39 PM »

Hey guys, good news!

I think I am almost ready to start this project back up again, now that this project is out of the way: http://store.steampowered.com/app/387060/

I am going to restart the game in Unity.

Development is expected to start sometime soon!

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 09:50:58 AM »

Wow - Earth Overclocked looks great! Somehow we missed that one. Glad to hear you'll be re-starting this one soon, too Smiley

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »

My old text documents are too messy, so I am starting my ideas over from scratch (with OneNote this time). It will still be basically the same game, but I want to make the rules of the game more streamlined. If I can't explain the gameplay well, there is a problem. I want to address this issue that my original idea had.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 06:02:20 PM »

Update: My design docs are resuming progress. The game will now have more focus on combat than originally planned. Hopefully will have something to show soon.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 01:44:47 PM »

I am trying an abstract vector art style for the game. I feel that it would give me more freedom with scaling the graphics, and I find this style easier to work with.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 09:11:33 AM »

New style for the game, and I updated the OP with more updated information on this game's development revival!

In Short
Dungeon Hands is a single-player rogue-like collectible card game that is planned to be released on Steam and mobile devices.

Goal
To make a video game that is about as much of a dungeon crawler as it is a card game, and also simulates some aspects of the CCG market.

Exploration
You move a player piece around a board made up of cards, each one housing an event. You strategically draw and use cards from your fully customizable power deck to counter whatever dungeon cards that your piece lands on, and try to play the game in your favor. Be careful, for as you clear floors, the enemy pieces grow in strength and start to team up against you!

Collect Them All
Cards are divided into many types, such as support cards, cards that help reveal cards on the board, cards that help in enemy battles, cards that manipulate the board or your inventory, and many more.

Combat
Combat starts when the player piece lands on an enemy card or comes into contact with a wandering enemy piece on the board. You draw cards from your equipped weapon's deck, and choose from the drawn moves that you feel would best counter the monster or monsters that you are battling. You can also use power cards from your hand to help tip the battle to your favor. It is like a cross between Pokemon and Paper Mario Sticker Star's combat.

Elements
A big theme about the game is the rock-paper-scissors element system, comprised of Water, Fire, and Nature. The playout of these elements are:
Water > Fire > Nature > Water
Elements are fairly basic in enemy battles, but elemental traps have side effects on the game when activated, depending on their elements. There is also a Neutral element, which completely disregards the element system.

Complexity
The game starts out fairly standard, but gets more complex over time as you unlock more cards to play around with. The starter deck only takes you so far.

Market
The Market comprises of 3 stations:
  • Store: where you spend your earned in-game currency to buy more cards and booster packs
  • Trading Board: where you can accept trade offers from random NPCs
  • Ranking: view your current rank (Unranked, Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum) and look over the custom deck challenges you need to clear in order to advance your rank; advancing rank upgrades the store and trading board

Curses
Curses serve as the main campaign of the game. After clearing the dungeon once under normal conditions, you can challenge yourself to beat the dungeon under a chosen curse from a list, which will add a modification that greatly impacts the game. Legend says that something 'big' will happen when you clear all curses...

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 11:57:29 AM »

Glad to see this is back on the block Smiley

Vilanat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »

Looks great so far!

I am also working on a Roguelite "Card game", although, looks like to be rather different to yours since mine is pretty linear, more inline with Clicker games..

You can check it here and see the differences.
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57674.0

Can't wait to see how you handle combat

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 10:06:11 AM »

Doing some testing with the player card and elemental dungeon cards.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »

Made the grid cards square, and I got a friend to help me make a background!

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »

Movement.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 09:27:12 PM »

I decided to experiment with the idea of not dictating the player on how many cards he can play on a single turn in combat. You may be tempted to play all of your cards at once, but keep in mind that you only draw one card per turn. As a result, if you play more than one card on a single turn, you will be decreasing your hand size, which persists across fights. To rebuild your hand, simply choose not to play any cards in a turn, to build off of the one draw per turn.

I just started to program the combat system and will hopefully have a demonstration of it soon. It will be reminicient of Guild of Dungeoneering and Pokemon.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic