Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 05:11:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBee freee
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bee freee  (Read 2770 times)
Mr Dumle
Level 1

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »

I started this game called BeeFreee with no plans for anything.

Play it and tell me what should happen next in the game. Or what feature it needs.
BeeFreee.exe

The game is so far about 1 min long.  Tongue

You could press f1 and read about what is currently in game. But I advice you not to.  Gentleman
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:06:42 PM by Mr Dumle » Logged

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »

Dumle, this is actually rather sweet and intriguing.  You need to sell it a little more.  Post some screenshots and hype it up a bit!  Smiley

Obvious routes to go (at least to me): people, trees, a way to refill your gauge - also maybe a more nuanced way to influence the world.  At the moment it's just whether you do or don't - and where.  Maybe you could let the player make some choices about the way the world develops - they could rain on humans to keep the area pristine, perhaps, or leave them alone to see it be developed.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
increpare
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »

Ah.  Lovely indeed.  I imagine seeing some mice of shrews set up home would be quite nice.  The growth of some shrubbery, or maybe a small pond (depending on whether you continually pour rain upon a single area, or keep it at a normal level of dampness)  with some creatures?  Frogs maybe.  Dunno.  Lots of possibilities.  If shrubs grew, small birds might nest in them.  Eagles or owls could feed on shrews. 

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 04:13:14 PM »

Quite cute. The only problem I see with it is that the grass is not contrasted enough against the sky, I can barely make it out.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »

This should be an always-on-top window which runs continually, and you can interact with it every once in a while when you're bored; otherwise it would simply evolve on its own. Of course there needs to be more stuff that happens, as others have suggested, but if you expand this it could be the perfect permanent zero-player game.
Mr Dumle
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »

Thanks for the ideas.

The sky is a little brighter now for contrast. But just a little.
I have started working on the pond idea and the window is always on top now. I'll update the file later when there are some real changes.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 12:08:15 PM »

I imagine seeing some mice of shrews

Or Simon Cowell!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic