Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 11:14:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you REALLY dislike / hate
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Games you REALLY dislike / hate  (Read 32103 times)
Renton
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2008, 01:02:35 PM »

Every game needs Jennifer Hale.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2008, 01:20:04 PM »

There are no crystals in VI   Cool

There's magicite, which play largely the same role. Just like there's materia in FF7.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »

I dislike any sports game besides NBA Jam.

This is basically reasonable, which is why indies should make more sports games. Maybe they would turn out like NBA Jam! However:

- Wii Sports is worth a go
- Hyper Olympic is worth a go, especially with a friend
- Off the Wall (Sente) is one of the best multiplayer games in history, despite the fact that nobody has played it
- Kick Off 2 and Sensible World of Soccer were really quite amazing from a gameplay perspective.
- 720 Degrees is one of my all-time favourites, and one of the few arcade machines I can finish on one quarter.

I maintain that we should have a sports compo, it would be awesome. And QWOP and that cricket games are probably the best sports games I've played  Gentleman

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »

GAMES I DISLIKE:
You know those "realistic" contemporary war FPSes that just seem to be wank material for the audience of 24, gun lovers and neocons, with racist overtones. Games where third world countries are depicted as endless slums ruled by a dictator that must be removed because he hates freedom and is a terrrrist. And it's ok to kill ten billion people in the process.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2008, 07:17:15 PM »

And it's ok to kill ten billion people in the process.
as long as they're terrrists. Heck, or teammates, but only if you use a flamethrower.
PaleFox
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2008, 07:36:10 PM »

Someone was saying how much voice acting can damage a game, and I think it's true for a different reason. Voice acting games either tend to have immensely long cutscenes as in some JRPGS (or Metal Gear Solid I suppose, I wouldn't know as I've never played it), because SAYING exposition is longer than READING it, or tiny tiny stories to make less work for the actors, who often do a bad job of it. Of course, a small amount of story time isn't so bad if at least it's good - I mean, Shadow of the Collosus had very little in the way of actual cutscenes but it was all done so well.

However, why bother making a proper reason for soldiers/space marines to kill nazis/terrorists/terrorist-space-nazis?
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »

I do like the way Oblivion's voice acting works. You can skip everything except for a small number of cut-scenes, but if you want to you can listen to it. That's the way it should be.

My only problem with voice acting is that it tends to take up a large amount of processing space, and it also tends to take a long time for developers to get it all finished. It would take much less time to finish games without voice acting.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2008, 09:46:17 PM »

However, why bother making a proper reason for soldiers/space marines to kill nazis/terrorists/terrorist-space-nazis?

Yeah. I find more interesting to making reasons to NOT kill your opponents. Very few games pose that dilemma for the player.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »

Usually reasons not to kill my opponents lead me to killing them as a challenge.
Reasons to kill my opponents also lead to me killing them.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2008, 10:39:39 PM »

Well, duh. They're opponents, what do you expect?

SpaceBrance
Level 1

The one with White Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2008, 01:31:09 AM »

Would you look at that, I have a video on it.
 Gentleman

I'm at a loss for words here, because my dislike of this game is so intense.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2008, 02:15:05 AM »

Haha, I loved Pokemon Snap!

Renton
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2008, 04:18:55 AM »

Pokemon Snap was weird.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2008, 05:19:28 AM »

Pokemon snap is indeed awesome!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2008, 06:39:23 AM »

Pokemon Snap was quite exquisite.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2008, 08:57:22 AM »

Chu Chu Rocket

THERE I SAID IT, NOW SHUN ME FROM YOUR COMMUNITY. *grumbles*

The first couple of puzzles are fun, but then it just gets boring in my opinion.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »

Someone was saying how much voice acting can damage a game, and I think it's true for a different reason. Voice acting games either tend to have immensely long cutscenes as in some JRPGS (or Metal Gear Solid I suppose, I wouldn't know as I've never played it)...

If you just imagine an action/sneaking game where every five minutes of fighting is punctuated by a half-hour monologue on what it means to be a soldier, you already know what Metal Gear Solid is all about.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
jango0821
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2008, 11:25:25 AM »

The new pokemon games. I mean the first 2 were pretty good and fun, but after that it got kinda stupid. I mean seriously, have you seen some of the newer pokemon? It makes me want to chop of my fingers. Plus the story and game play is WAAAAYYYYYY to repetitive through the games.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »

The new pokemon games. I mean the first 2 were pretty good and fun, but after that it got kinda stupid. I mean seriously, have you seen some of the newer pokemon? It makes me want to chop of my fingers. Plus the story and game play is WAAAAYYYYYY to repetitive through the games.
Also, they still don't have a decent Dolphin Pokemon! Angry
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »

Pokemon Snap was quite exquisite.

I agree  Gentleman

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic