Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 01:46:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudiogreatspaceadventure's general music thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: greatspaceadventure's general music thread  (Read 1100 times)
greatspaceadventure
Level 0

It's-a-me, Mario!

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »

Project Naoshi
Wings of Thunder (Skyfleet Armada 1)

I'm working with my bruddah Naoshi on this game. Entirely original track!

I hope you like it :>
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:53:59 AM by greatspaceadventure » Logged
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »

*breaks out the Honesty Cannon™*

...but you really do have a good thing going with this. I just wanna bring out its full potential, OK? :-)

- At 0:24, the irregular fade on the high note just doesn't work for me, and when it cuts out at 0:26 it just kinda falls flat, like it was trying to go somewhere but ended up where it started. Personally, I would just rewrite the end of the phrase so that it loops more easily, and then you can hit the high note the second time around.

- At 0:40, it sounds like you're just rushing on to the next part of the song. The main problem here is the drums, which just keep going. Maybe add some variance, like a cutout/buildup/something?

- Speaking of 0:40, I would highly suggest looping the part between 0:40 and 0:47 twice. Also, adding a harmony or a different (half-time?) drum pattern the second time around shall net you some Happy Smile points!

- 1:07-1:14 is really really awesome, and totally made the song for me.

- The 8-bit recap intro needs an NES triangle in the bassline. Then again, that's sound advice for any musical composition, 'cause that NES triangle is smooth like borscht.

- Finally, 1:21 to 1:24 just seems plain unnecessary during looping, especially if you're using the 8-bit intro. Keep it for the first intro, but just skip to the 1st phrase (0:10) when you loop it.

Well, those are my suggestions; feel free to take them or leave them. And I apologize if I may have seemed blunt; the subtle art of being able to constructively criticize while making the recipient feel jolly inside the whole time is a skill I sorely lack (but this is the only way I can improve...*sigh*). Also, I know you probably didn't come here for a strict evaluation ;-). But don't get me wrong, I really love this track, I just want to see it shine!
greatspaceadventure
Level 0

It's-a-me, Mario!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:12:23 PM »

Actually, in all honesty, this is far superior to the comments of uncontested approval i seem to get most of the time (especially for this particular song)

I'm going to try messing with the song a little, it shouldn't be too hard. I really do honestly appreciate the feedback. How else can I progress??  Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic