Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 12:38:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioMy music!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My music!  (Read 2038 times)
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:21:01 AM »

Hey, all!  I'm just checking in here -- just wanted to show you guys some music I've posted/my website!  I'm currently writing music for SharkArm Studio's "Grand Feather"!  Check everything out at www.jamiebillings.com !

Also, if you have any projects you need music/sound design for, I'd be happy to work with you. :D

Have a good day!

Jamie

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 03:16:53 AM »

Heeeeeeeey!

So you're doing the music for Grand Feather!? Great to see someone picking up the slack. Smiley

I still feel kinda bad for fluking out on that project  Concerned

Awesome to see that you're also going for a somewhat celtic feel with those tracks so far.
I reaaaally dig the main theme. Reminds me of the very first game music-ish thing I ever wrote (and never finished), with the time sig changes and all Smiley Your song is obviously of higher quality though :D

Really impressive musical history, too! I wish you best of luck with your plans.

Marius

EDIT: On your music page, the logo in the bottom right blocks out the copyright thingo (on my browser). It reads "All music is copyrighted to Jar" for me! Pretty funny Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:25:44 AM by battlerager » Logged
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »

Woooooooo awesome!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

Website looks great!

Need to get some musical stuff up on the blog. I'd get that video up there now, but we have get rid of the glitches shown in the cave part. Embarrassed

VedoM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »

Wow, I love what you do. I was listening to few tracks and was blown away. What I really like is almost nostalgic feel to it and I know in my experience how difficult is that to achieve...
siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 09:01:19 PM »

First of all, cute pic. That always gets those internets people to flock to your page.

Way more interested in the music though. It has that traditional sort of sound, but with the old videogame feel.

I imagine this is what epic SNES rpgs would sound like with real instruments, which is a very good thing.

Spearheadgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »

I listened through your music, and I especially liked your Guitar and Flute works,
you are a talanted player to say the least! It's fun to see that you'll be having the privilege
to work with Funcom, as a friend of mine just got a work as a game designer there last year,
and she tells me it's a very inspirative company Smiley.

I also see a lot of potential in the other works you've produced on the page, but I've been damaged by setting
my own musical goals so high so I can't overlook things as production and quality of music anymore (It's a bad side of me, I know  Cry),
I think the pieces would sound totally awesome with higher quality plugins and production though!

// A fellow Composer/Musician
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »

I'm totally envious of your guitar and flute playing abilities!

If you have a sudden urge to take on some pro bono work at any point, I'm working on a project that could always use more awesome music.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 05:44:02 AM »

I can't seem to get it to play longer than 3 seconds on your page Sad is this some form of audio tease? I do not want to be teased Cry

cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 03:47:14 PM »

Whoa!  I didn't check this for a while, and I came back to some really nice comments! Thanks, everyone! :D

Battleranger: Hi! :D I'm really happy to work with Nate and Curt; they are awesome and the game is turning out so well! :D 
Your music sounds great!! You should definitely finish that song; it's really beautiful so far!  What other music have you been making?  I'd love to hear it!  Hahahaha, as for the "Jar" thing, that made me laugh so much, hahahaha!  I made that website mostly for a scholarship I applied for at school (and didn't get, meh) and made it around the time I started to prepare for finals, so I didn't pay much attention to it, hahaha!  But I fixed it, and now it says "Jamie", and not "Jar".  Hahahaha.  Goodluck to you, too!! :D

handCratedRadio: Hey, Curt! :D  Thanks! ^^ Your blog is awesome; glad to be a part of it! ^^ :D!! I'm gonna be sending some music to Nate when I get back from school!

VedoM: Wow, thank you so much!! I really appreciate that you took the time to listen to my music, and liked it! :D

MercuryBlind: Thank you so much for listening! I really appreciate it! :D SNES is awesome; thanks for the compliment!

Spearheadgames: I'm really excited to start the project!! It's going to be a great experience! :D I'm happy your friend likes it; it's a dream job! :D  No, I agree; the quality isn't that great!  I mean, the audio recordings sounds awful, but I needed it for the portfolio for my school.  But yes, part of my major at school is learning to make music with better sound quality/sound design, so I'll work on it! ^^ Thanks for the criticism! :D What programs do you use/what would you suggest I do to make it sound better?  Thanks!! ^^

Chris Whitman: Thank you so much, that means a lot! ^^ I am definitely interested in working on any project you've got!  My e-mail is [email protected] and I check it frequently!  Yay!!

Mecha: Oh no!  I am sorry it acted up on you!  It does that to me, too, sometimes!  I have full songs up, but the website I used to build my website isn't that great with playing back songs; what I found works is clicking on the page and waiting a minute for everything to load!  I should probably get a playback icon that says when it's loading!  Check back and wait, and it should work! ^^ Sorry about that!!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic