Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 12:28:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioGametunes - a video game music blog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gametunes - a video game music blog  (Read 1314 times)
Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »

Hey all! It's been quite a while since I've been hanging around here but I blame it on finishing up my undergraduate degree. Now that classes are out I'd like to share a project I've been working on the last four months and get some feedback from game music lovers.

I started a video game music blog in January of this year because I wasn't finding coverage of this artistic endeavor that suited me too well. I also wanted to dive into learning more about it and the culture surrounding it so this was a way for me to do so. The site's been going pretty well and I've gotten some cool opportunities from it and I'm hoping it continues growing and gaining a following.

So what is the site? http://www.gametunes.net

I'd like to know what fellow music lovers think of the content of the site and if there are areas I can focus on improving. Also, if any of you know your stuff and want to join as contributors that would be cool too. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I love audio: Engineering, Sound Design, Composition
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:51 PM »

Hi Havoc... is this Tyler?  It's me, Laura ^_^  Great job with the website!  It's grown so much since I first visited!

If you guys haven't checked out gametunes yet, it's totally worth it... I'm always impressed by the sheer amount of video game music related content up there (and it's frequently updated, too).  Everything from VGM concert coverage to soundtrack releases to interviews with various people in the industry.  It's great that there is such a wide audience for video game music nowadays!

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Amirai
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »

Wow, great website! Love it! Bookmarked. Smiley

Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:49:06 AM »

Hi Havoc... is this Tyler?  It's me, Laura ^_^  Great job with the website!  It's grown so much since I first visited!

If you guys haven't checked out gametunes yet, it's totally worth it... I'm always impressed by the sheer amount of video game music related content up there (and it's frequently updated, too).  Everything from VGM concert coverage to soundtrack releases to interviews with various people in the industry.  It's great that there is such a wide audience for video game music nowadays!

Hi Laura! Thanks for the kind words. Just remember you'll always have the privilege of being my first interview for the site!

I love audio: Engineering, Sound Design, Composition
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »

I was sad when I saw the announcement for the "Play! Concert" in Oregon a couple weeks after it had already passed (via gametunes)!  I probably would have driven up for it.  George and I went to see the one in Chicago a few years back and it was absolutely wonderful.  I think it might have been the first in the series, because there were a lot of composers there (Mitsuda, Uematsu, Koji Kondo, Jason Hayes, etc.).

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic