Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 02:10:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioIji OST Remake #1 (Piano Preview)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Iji OST Remake #1 (Piano Preview)  (Read 2106 times)
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:22:52 AM »

It's nothing atm.

However I just wanted to show it and let you know that one of the styles we'll remake the Iji OST in will be based around this type of feeling. It may not suit in game playing, but it will be implementable to the game regardless. At the very least, it will be an enjoyable, calm listening throughout the entire OST.

I am not sure how effective this is going to be, since I haven't arranged a piano piece for any of the Iji pieces in a long time.. anyway, just a little preview of an impromptu take on one of the more well known Iji themes.

Enjoy!

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »

Awesome. I can't get enough of Iji music.

Farr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »

Your covers and original music are really great to listen to!  Grin

Please feel free to keep uploading on youtube.  Wink
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »

Thank you for the kind words guys! We appreciate it! In talking with Miss Laura Shigihara briefly about the sound of that preview, I realised how much I want to attempt something not quite acoustic, but possibly orchestrated, with influences from Joe Hisaishi, who as you know composes the music for all the Miyazaki films.

Spirited Away is a personal favourite, but there are many other great ones. I'm sure you have your own favourite if you know who I am blabbing about. He's a great film maker, and Mr. Hisaishi writes beautifully orchestrated music.

Mr. Hisaishi playing live a theme from Spirited Away. It'll go one of two ways, orchestrated or drawn back acoustic line up. What you guys think?

Spearheadgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:23:50 AM »

To be honest I listened to the start you had going, and I was happy in how subtle and calm everything sounded.. but why don't you combine a little bit of both? I'd really like a calm version with a bit of orchestration. One side doesn't exclude the other one Smiley When I've done calm Acoustic pieces before people have told me that a tiny bit of orchestration would make the piece even better, e.g just have some strings in the background to create a background soundscape
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 05:18:35 AM »

Yeah, I agree! Actually that's what I was trying to suggest in the last post, but I wasn't really sure how to say it. Glad we're on the same wavelength Smiley a combination of both would work well for contrasting the same theme in various ways as well. Thanks!

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »

Quote from: Mecha
Thank you for the kind words guys! We appreciate it! In talking with Miss Laura Shigihara briefly about the sound of that preview, I realised how much I want to attempt something not quite acoustic, but possibly orchestrated, with influences from Joe Hisaishi, who as you know composes the music for all the Miyazaki films.
That would be really cool.  I know we talked over at youtube, but I thought I'd just echo my thoughts over here... the piano version is sounding great, and I can't wait to hear more of this new direction!  I really love how Hisaishi's music sounds whimsical and mysterious at the same time, and I think your new piano clip really captures those kinds of feelings.

Also, I was listening to

the other day and the part around 2:45 reminded me of the final boss battle in Iji (the little screechy noises in the background that descend by about a half a pitch each time).  I really like those, haha Tongue

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic