Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 06:11:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSkyward Sword
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Skyward Sword  (Read 78703 times)
shig
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

the grinding/crafting thing looks really boring tho
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2011, 08:37:29 AM »

I'm trying to avoid any more previews now that I've already made up my mind. I want this game to be as much of a surprise as possible, which is why I'll be locking myself up once the game comes out and refuse to speak to anyone who's completed it until I'm finished.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2011, 09:39:06 AM »

Wow, this seriously looks great. Not sure if I'll be able wait till Christmas to get my hands on this!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2011, 10:33:57 AM »

Pretty funny how my attitude (and several other people's judging by this thread) towards this game has changed from disinterest to skepticism to excitement over the last year.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »

I'm trying to avoid any more previews now that I've already made up my mind. I want this game to be as much of a surprise as possible, which is why I'll be locking myself up once the game comes out and refuse to speak to anyone who's completed it until I'm finished.

Back when Ocarina of Time came out, I started doing the same. The worst Zelda games are only "Pretty good", so I get that last bit of enjoyment out of them by simply being surprised by absolutely everything.

I'm just disappointed it feels like this one is taking ages to come out. It's tough balancing my desire to not read much about the game and my desire to hang out and talk zelda with the folks in this thread.
JoGribbs
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »

I am sad that I won't be able to play this game until I get back home for christmas.
Theophilus
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »

When does this come out again?
JoGribbs
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »

November 18th here in europeland and a couple days after in the americas
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »

DO not look at the light  Epileptic

Shocked
http://kotaku.com/5847586/watch-link-dowse-his-way-through-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword shadow of collossus sword?
http://kotaku.com/5847587/a-visit-to-the-skyview-temple-of-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword first dungeon snapshot
http://kotaku.com/5847582/the-forest-and-opening-temple-of-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/gallery/1 gallery

In one of the game's menus I found some numbers. They were a big surprise. I was—bear with me—talking to my in-game friend when this happend. Or, I was talking to Fi, the spirit or whatever she is that accompanies you in your quest, morphs into your sword and talks a bit like a computer. In a menu for her, I found an option to ask her for advice. She'll give a hint about what you should do next. I then found an even more peculiar option to ask her for "analysis". What's that all about? I selected it and got to read some text from her. She told me that the suitability of the items I was carrying was at 75% for the area I was in and that the items in my pouch were balanced.

Huh? Hold on.

I also found another Fi menu option called "Rumors". I asked the Nintendo people if they could comment on it, which is an inside joke (loyal Kotaku readers will get it). What Rumors would Fi tell me about, I wondered? I clicked the option for her to speak. She started talking about a rumor that "medals" will give you beneficial effects as long as you're carrying them. Oh my. Effects? I can equip special items that bolster certain qualities of my hero or his gear? That's pure RPG right there. I couldn't find any medals, mind you. I didn't even have the one she described, which was a so-called potion medal that extends the duration of potion effects.

Look like the game will be significantly different than the usual zelda formula with hint of Wrpg and games like monster hunter. Crafting? stamina bar? resource management?

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »

Is that the Wind Fish I see at 7:00?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2011, 01:21:38 PM »

"All the idea in the past 25 games are in this one"
Miyamoto san, tgs 2011

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »

It has potential.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »

More than the game I wait for fan theory Well, hello there!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2011, 01:26:54 PM »

Y'know, I really feel like Skyward Sword could be the best Zelda ever. We'll have to see how much of it is just hype though. Previews, Trailers, and prerelease interviews are often misleading.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »

Wow, I hope it is Windfish :D
Anyway I'm getting more and more pumped by this. Nothing like not being able to wait but just intrigued. And those more RPGish features sound cool add to Zelda IMO.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »

Zelda's Souls
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »

The true Legend of Zelda begins here!
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »

It's a giant flying whale, but instead of a carpet hat it is more like a remora suction cup:

A remora is to a shark as a whale is to a...?

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2011, 02:08:59 PM »

Zelda's Souls
Actually I'd like to see Zelda game with difficulty and fighting mechanics more like Demon's Souls. Most of the Zelda fights are rather straightforward run and slash like crazy ones with only some little strategy. Or to be more specific, perhaps not the overall difficulty of DS but more dangerous enemies which would require some more though to beat.

Headless Man
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »

Look like the game will be significantly different than the usual zelda formula with hint of Wrpg and games like monster hunter. Crafting? stamina bar? resource management?

We've already seen the crafting stuff - it's just collecting stuff for item upgrades.
I expect medals will work like rings in the Oracles games, which is a good thing.  The director of this did them as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic