Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 09:03:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam OZ - TIGJam for Aussies! [ CANCELLED ]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam OZ - TIGJam for Aussies! [ CANCELLED ]  (Read 6753 times)
Hach-Que
Level 1

a radical dame who likes to make games

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2010, 06:53:27 AM »

This event is cancelled due to a low number of registrations.  See the blog entry for more information.

I've decided to start organizing a TIGJam for Australians since no-one around here seems to have done one.  It'll be situated in Lara (a town between Melbourne and Geelong) and be hosted on Saturday 5th February 2011.

The public information document is situated at this Google document and contains all the information from venue location, dates and times, attendance and pricing.  It also includes "How to get there" information for Victorians and interstaters.  We'll be updating this on a constant basis as the event date nears to provide more accurate travel information.

The pricing of the event is $20, which is paid upfront via EventBrite.  Event registration is now open and you can purchase a ticket via the links at the top and bottom of this topic.  The minimum and maximum (i.e. we must have exactly) number of people for the event is 15.  We might be able to fit more than that in there, but we need to evaluate the layout of the venue to get a better idea.

Food (lunch and dinner) and drink is provided as part of the price, but you can also bring your own snacks for the time in-between or alternatively purchase them at the supermarket that's 200m away.

This event is cancelled due to a low number of registrations.  See the blog entry for more information.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:30:37 AM by Hach-Que » Logged

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 03:53:13 AM »

I'm very in!
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:24 PM »

Good initiative, and good luck with all the organisation. I hope you get a good turnout! I won't know if I can come until much closer to the date.

Toeofdoom
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 03:31:01 AM »

Sounds cool to me, any sort of guesses about how long this jam would be? 3 hours, 3 days?  It would probably be about 2 hours each way for me and I prefer events that outlast the travel time.

Hach-Que
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:34:51 AM »

It'll be one full day; we'd use up all of the hours permitted by the venue (excluding setup and pack up times, but you'd be free to turn up during setup time I guess).  I'd estimate the venue would probably be open from 9am until 9pm, possibly longer, so depending on when you want to travel, that should give you at least 8 hours.

That does remind me of one important note to add to the public event document however, there is no accommodation in Lara, so any interstaters will either need to organize accommodation outside of Lara, or plan their return plane travel on the same day (that is, if we do have the event in Lara; I'm somewhat having second thoughts about this due to responses I'm getting on the attendance form).

EDIT: Just to add to what I said above, if someone does want to venuehunt in Melbourne for a suitable venue, I'd be more than happy to take a look at what you propose.  I never visit Melbourne, so I can't really search for venues there very well Tongue  The current estimated cost of the venue hire is $150 for the day, so if you can find a Melbourne venue for around that price or cheaper that you think would be suitable, let me know via email and I'll take a closer look.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:41:39 AM by Hach-Que » Logged

Hach-Que
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »

Just an update guys; right now we're waiting on the venue to open so that we can actually go an ask questions such as pricing, whether they have tables provided, etc..  It's expected to be open again within a week and once it is, we'll be able to get some solid figures for the entry cost.

Hach-Que
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:15:04 AM »

Hey guys, there won't be internet at the venue, instead we're going to run a server with a ton of files on it, such as Unity, Game Maker and libraries for those game engines.  If you can think of anything you *might* need during development, let me know via this thread or email and I'll organize to have them on the server. Wink

Also, in case you didn't see via the TIGJam OZ blog, we now have our venue set and we're working out the costs and organizing all the other pre-registrations stuff.  Most importantly though, once those small things are worked out, we'll begin taking registrations via EventBrite.

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 03:44:27 PM »

Payment only by credit card? Any way you can enable paypal or something to that effect?
Hach-Que
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 04:01:01 PM »

EventBrite is a bit annoying, it lets you have credit card OR paypal / google checkout, but not both?  I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Okay I switched it over to PayPal for the time being so that you can register, but I'm probably going to have to change it back to credit card later on.

EDIT: sereneworx, did you have the option to pay via credit card via PayPal?  I think I remember now that PayPal does let you pay via credit card, but I can't really test EventBrite ticket purchase from my end.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:12:21 PM by Hach-Que » Logged

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 04:27:01 AM »

'Twould not have been an issue if I actually had a credit card. I'm too indie for credit cards.

edit. Book'd!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:33:47 AM by sereneworx » Logged
Hach-Que
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 04:42:38 AM »

That's two people registered for the event (excluding the organizers of course) Grin

Public registrations open tomorrow at 10AM AEST over at EventBrite.

OddGoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »

Im in! I tried filling the attendance form, did it come through?
Hach-Que
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »

Sorry about the delay people, public registrations are now open.  You can register at the EventBrite page.

Im in! I tried filling the attendance form, did it come through?

You supplied an invalid email address, so I've been unable to contact you (the domain oddgoo.com is invalid according to Google).  You'll be able to register now that the public registrations are open though.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:20:01 PM by Hach-Que » Logged

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 04:41:26 AM »

I can't make it, sadly Sad I'm not back in the country until the 16th Droop

Hach-Que
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 02:32:15 AM »

Sorry to disappoint guys, but TIGJam OZ #1 is officially cancelled due to a low number of registrations.

More information can be found on the blog post.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 02:47:33 AM »

Tis a shame ... good luck with uni hachque and organising the next tigjam. Sad

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 01:21:21 PM »

Yeah, don't get too discouraged. I think you probably would have a had a better response if it were in a major city. I wouldn't mind going to Melbourne from Sydney for a thing (that is if I were actually in Australia currently), but then to head out to some place I've never heard of from there is a bit of a stretch. The uni in Melbourne you mention sounds a lot more appealing.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 05:45:15 PM »

I should be able to attend the #2 one if it goes according to the plans on the blog. Good luck with the GGJ organisation!

nagamaki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »

That's a shames, I would have prob been able to attend but found out about it too late. GL to find a swell melbourne city venue.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic