Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 03:11:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsgAMES jam! (GGJ 2011)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: gAMES jam! (GGJ 2011)  (Read 2502 times)
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »

...That's right; our humble college town1 of Ames, Iowa2 is having a jam in concordance with the 2011 Global Game Jam... and it's going to rock your sorry little bones to all kinds of miserable pieces3.
This has not necessarily been planned to the most elaborate extent, but it should nevertheless turn out to be excellent; you should be prepared to see a great number of interesting things coming from this jam. There is talk of live streaming (i.e., e.g.: "We should do that."). This may or may not actually happen.
Meanwhile, the plan was initially to center the jam around an Apocalypse theme, but given this is also connected to the Global Game Jam... that may only be one of two themes. And that's if we're not counting the interest in prototyping ideas for TIGSource's own Versus compo.
This is all free and unsponsored, so bring your own food and resources.
To borrow the reasonable and applicable words of the late4 Tom Sennett, "GET PUMPED!"

1Note: "university city" would probably also be appropriate, it's not so terribly humble, I suppose.
2Note: For those of you who don't live in the wonderful gun,-food,-bear,-and-fire-filled nation we call "home" and don't have much international geography savvy, this is in the Midwestern US.
3Note: I do not really know what this even means.
4Note: He is not deceased, as far as I am currently aware. But he surely must not always be entirely punctual; hence, "late" is not a misplaced adjective.

This event has been brought to you by the TIGSource community (obviously), the Iowa Game Development Friendship Club, the friendly people at Intuition Games, and possibly others involved in advance planning I forgot about or am not yet aware of.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »

Ames Iowa? Heck, yea ISU! My Alma Mater deserves a shout out.

Northern Virginia is hosting a Jam at George Mason University! (If they manage to clear the snow  WTF ) Sound off, Jammers!

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »

We had about a dozen or so people at the Ames jam, and there were some pretty cool game ideas. I really liked Andres' hex minesweeper type game, and Josh(godatplay) and Evan(Cellulose) made a SWEET looking 3D/billboards environment by expanding Evan's game engine. Ken(allegrocm), Paul(Machine Saint), and I worked on an evolution game called "Darwin or Lose" for the GGJ that we didn't get very playable, but the concept is pretty neat. Paul's music is really rad, too!  I'll be putting up my photos when I get a chance (swamped with work/school right now).  

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »

I uploaded the music so people can hear it. Smiley

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic