Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 02:03:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam UK4 Games Thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam UK4 Games Thread  (Read 4218 times)
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »

Post your stuff here! Beer!

Here's the thing I made for the Two Players, One Keyboard theme:

http://www.fastram.co.uk/2011/pushoff/

One players is on WASD and the other on arrow keys. Push each other off!  KissHand Joystick

Anthony Hart-Jones
Level 0

AAA escapee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:09:31 AM »

My game from last night is up at http://www.freyas8.co.uk/2player1keyboard/ if anyone wants a look.  I think it needs some instructions, but it should make sense if you experiment.

It's still got some bugs...

Edit: (Sunday night)

My Egypt/regression/it-came-from-the-deep game is half-ready, but the assets I used from the flash-drive apparently include Final Fantasy VI backgrounds, so I might have to make / source my own art assets before I upload it...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:05:43 PM by AnthonyHJ » Logged

Working on Noir Past Mistakes Noir and looking for an artist
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »

If you've got time it would be also great if people could post their games up on here: http://cambridgeindies.com/

It's fairly quick to do, create an account then click on the big add game link. The site was set up so we've got links to all the games made at the Cambridge jams.

As I couldn't make most of the jam I'm looking forward to seeing what people did.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:20:36 AM »

I only worked on two games at the jam, and neither are actually finished yet, so I guess I'll just post some a screenshot for now:

Haighstrom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »

Thanks everyone, I had an absolutely awesome time! Finally got some games completed, and have a new resolution to learn Flashpunk so I don't have to give out pesky .exe files in future. I finished 3 games, links and screenshots below. Please give me feedback on Cambridge Indies, this was my first jam and some of my first finished games!

Meteor Storms

Tangential Ferret

1,000,000% Awesome

The only game I didn't get finished was "Happy Worker", which was based on the Sweatshops theme. I'll probably start this one again from scratch at some point, it was a good concept and I liked the basic jist of the game.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:23:49 PM by Haighstrom » Logged
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

I like the look of Happy Worker, man!  I'll be giving it a look when I can...

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »

@Haighstrom
Really like Meteor Storm! I love the indirect control over the guys, and would love to see this expanded a bit. It makes me think of Missile Command, in the way it's all about defence (and indeed compromise), and Populous because of the little indirectly-controlled people. Really nice stuff Smiley

Also, the unusual aspect ratios are pretty neat.

Myself, I didn't get much game dev done at all. I made raining men and sliding tiles, but they didn't develop into anything. I think I spent most of the time chatting and watching what everyone else was up to (which I do not regret one bit Wink)

Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »

Trying to do a tiny bit of tying up for my jam games as I go, so releases will be a bit staggered..

First two though:  Tremor and sunk

Edit:  .. and my Collaboration jam entry with Ashley Gwinnel, Meat and Greet
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:05:38 PM by Jonathan Whiting » Logged

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »

Beautiful Bullet Bounce: a collaboration with dontkickpenguins

Haven't uploaded a recent version of my co-op bungee jumping game yet.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:59:14 PM by Draknek » Logged

increpare
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:59:16 AM »

american dream, a collab with terry, jasper, and tom.

Have one other to upload as well.
terrorbull
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:46:17 AM »

Bateleur - I was really impressed with your two player keyboard battle. It looked lovely too. The only thing is that the player with fewer pieces has an increasing advantage in having a more moves-per-piece ratio. maybe that's intentional to balance the game out?

And increpare - I just loved American Dream. So full of bathos ... The stocks part kept me endlessly amused on its own.

Anyway, here's one of two that I made, together with Tom. It's not a computer game; it's a group game about being kettled, to play with other people who are also being kettled. It's called Metakettle!
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 10:01:57 AM »

Bateleur - I was really impressed with your two player keyboard battle. It looked lovely too.

Hurrah - thanks! Grin

(The skybox is one of the Unity standard ones... I just turned it upside down.)

The only thing is that the player with fewer pieces has an increasing advantage in having a more moves-per-piece ratio. maybe that's intentional to balance the game out?

It's intentional, but not as a balance mechanism. Knocking pieces off is quite hard in the midgame, so the idea of giving an advantage to whoever did better in the early game is to try to increase the element of skill before everyone plummets to their doom almost randomly in the endgame!

I may not have the mix quite right, though - it's only been playtested a few times. Suggestions welcome! (If I have time I may enter a more polished version in the Versus contest...)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic