Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:10:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChamber 23 - 2D Dynamic Platformer [Win/Linux]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chamber 23 - 2D Dynamic Platformer [Win/Linux]  (Read 1202 times)
Mirceam94
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »

Hand JoystickBehold!Hand Joystick

My team and I originally got together to work on a game called Found [link below], but decided to begin our game-making ventures together with a simpler, more manageable title. That title, Chamber 23, is a 2D action platformer with a unique twist  Wink

In Chamber 23, the player is trapped in a mysterious laboratory, and is forced to take part in a series of (rather hazardous) tests. Platforms extend dynamically from the back wall, and monsters are beamed in by the laboratory's evil scientists.

Once a level is cleared of monsters, the old platforms retract, new ones extend, and a new level begins. In Chamber 23, there are no breaks. In Chamber 23, there is no mercy.

In Chamber 23, there is no end.

We have at least two modes planned for the game; a classic story mode, and a never-ending arcade mode. As part of the story mode, the player will be tested continuously throughout time, and will witness the passage of it as they progress. Weapons, monsters, and the laboratory itself will change to match the current time period. Ranging from the "Dinosaur Days" and "Roman Rumble", to "Time's Edge", the player will realize the true meaning of "no end".

Those period names are subject to change, but there will be at least seven distinct periods with at least 10 stages each.

Let us know what you think of it! We will be editing this OP with updates.

(Our initial project, now on hold - Found -> http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=25685.0)

Savick
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »

No comments?! Are you not entertained?! Is this not why you are here?! Ahem, anyway. I'm doing the art for this and it's super fun! You guys should be more excited about it!  Sad
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »

This is looking very cool :D I don't think I understood the gameplay, but it sure looks cool  Gentleman

Savick
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »

This is looking very cool :D I don't think I understood the gameplay, but it sure looks cool  Gentleman
Gameplay huh? Well, you start the game and you beam into the lab itself from the laser wall things. There is an arrangement of blocks already in place. No monsters yet. After this beams in your first weapon. After grabbing the weapon monsters start getting beamed in and you need to kill all of them to advance to the next stage.

That's the basics for now, but we may spice things up in the future once we develop this more.
I hope that answered your question :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic