Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 11:21:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelta Defense
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Delta Defense  (Read 834 times)
unseven
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »

Hi there Smiley
Me and my friend STALTZ had this idea of making a new and small minigame based on a simple mechanic, yet with great variety in it (hopefully).

Premise: Delta is a Space Ranger defending her escape ship against an ongoing enemy attack. The enemies already destroyed the inside part of the ship, and now are trying to destroy the launching pod, avoiding any runaway. Launching several types of projectiles, they focus their attacks on the fugitive ship. Delta must defend the ship as long as she can.

Gameplay: This is still a very young alpha version, and as we are seeking feedback on how intuitive the gameplay is, I won't say too much about it. Just use the RIGHT and UP ARROW KEY to play (I'll update with more info later on). There is also a SPECIAL ATTACK, tell us if you could do it and if you understood how it works, please Wink

Oh, and press ENTER in the logo screen to start playing, just in case!

"THIS SPACESHIP IS SO AWESOME LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS !!!" - a fan

Although it's a simple mechanic, we want the player to fully understand all variety in the game, such as different enemies, attacks, combo, power ups and so; so one could easily build a strategy to achieve the highest score. That means we should give the player the proper feedback. That's how the HUD is going to be:

And here is an early character concept art, just for the sake of it:

If you want to check our other games, please visit our humble team site (Zero Duo).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:32:36 AM by unseven » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic