Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 01:08:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsImagine Me - Coming to WiiU!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Imagine Me - Coming to WiiU!  (Read 3984 times)
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »

Imagine Me has been a project that I've been working on for years but I recently got the chance to work with Nintendo and I'm bringing it to WiiU.

Imagine Me is an action platformer that puts you in the middle of a world with Monsters and Dungeons. The Main Character is Robbe. A little boy that just wants to remember who he is!

Dungeons! Each dungeon has puzzles, monsters and bosses for you to solve.

A small scope and 6 months to make a WiiU game! I will be programming all the gameplay mechanics and in game stuff. @finalmirage will be doing all the system based programming and @kdszafranski is doing the art.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:55:39 AM by kinifi » Logged
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

A few screenshots would be nice. I don't have the Unity plugin installed (Linux) so I can't see how it looks Screamy
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »

Done! :D Sorry about that!
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »

Done! :D Sorry about that!
Thank you.

It looks like a good start Smiley
But there's one thing you should correct - the scaling. Currently some pixels are scaled to 2x2, some to 3x2, some to 2x3 and some to 3x3... All of them should be either 2x2 or 3x3 but not all the possibilities inbetween them at the same time Wink
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »

That's an easy fix. That's my own fault for just throwing things together and not giving them 1 to 1.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 04:01:27 PM »

That's an easy fix. That's my own fault for just throwing things together and not giving them 1 to 1.
Good to know Wink
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:34:29 PM »

how did you manage the water thing? the swimming caught my interest almost immediately.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 07:21:09 PM »

Really Simple Actually and you might laugh about it. Gravity is set to -20 and the water is set to +3. Its just a trigger so when he gets in the water it pops him out since gravity is pushing up not down.

Conclusion:
  • Water is a trigger
  • Gravity = -20 outside of the water
  • Gravity = +3 when player is in water
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »

Update 28th:

I've been busy trying to get my working hours in so I can have New Years off but I added a few things last night

• Running - Hold Left Shift
  • Started Controller Support but this isn't a high priority. I want to the keyboard playing feel
  • Started GUI layout
Alex Higgins
Level 2

@alchiggins on Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »

I dig the style! I'm not sure what changes you plan on making, but animated water would be good, and if the entire game world darkened at night and not just the sky that would be good too. Movement and jumping feels fine. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

My Dev Blog! >  Sassy Echidna Software
WIP >  Monsterpunk
Latest Game >  Bloodjak
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »

• Right now I'm using a Lit Vert Shader so I can change that and everything will dim perfect.
  • Gameplay Right now consists of running left and right quickly but I didn't like how everyone just held down run. So I am attempting to come up with ways to make the player intentionally slow down for combat or to avoid combat.
  • My intention with this game is to make it feel like super mario world but with a micro style

one thing I do need is music so if anyone has someone that can help me with that - that would be awesome
yuotta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »

Games looking good, looking forward to seeing it completed. What is your code for collision detection? When the player bumps into a wall? I have been trying to get my sprite to collide but all I am able to do is set the speed to 0 and have him get stuck in the collider.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »

Games looking good, looking forward to seeing it completed. What is your code for collision detection? When the player bumps into a wall? I have been trying to get my sprite to collide but all I am able to do is set the speed to 0 and have him get stuck in the collider.

Are you making sure you move the player out of the "collider" if not he'll just stay suck. Usually collisions check for intersection so you need to make sure you do y-1 or x-1(depending on the way it collides).
yuotta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 01:14:49 AM »

I haven't really messed with it for more than a few hours and I will be trying to figure it out after I post this. Basically, I have a cube stretched so it looks like a 2d wall It's Z layer is at 10 and so is my player.

My player moves left and right with his speed variable at 2. When he collides with the wall it sets the speed to 0 and prints text ( so it does work ) but obviously since his speed is 0 he gets stuck in the wall. I have an OnCollisionEnter code and I tried using a trigger...not entirely sure how to fix it since my movement code is kinda simple.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 01:32:02 AM »

I haven't really messed with it for more than a few hours and I will be trying to figure it out after I post this. Basically, I have a cube stretched so it looks like a 2d wall It's Z layer is at 10 and so is my player.

My player moves left and right with his speed variable at 2. When he collides with the wall it sets the speed to 0 and prints text ( so it does work ) but obviously since his speed is 0 he gets stuck in the wall. I have an OnCollisionEnter code and I tried using a trigger...not entirely sure how to fix it since my movement code is kinda simple.

Post your problem in the technical section of the forums. Let's not clutter his devlog.
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »

Please link the tech because I am having that same problem with my character at the moment. He just collides and wont leave the wall until you let go of the directional key. I'd like him to hit the wall and fall. I'm sure its something easy
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=4.0
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 05:23:52 PM »

Hmm - I got stuck here:

A possible bug?

EDIT: Now I think your collision box for your character needs some tweaking.
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 05:28:46 PM »

Its a bug. I am not allowing the player to jump once he is on the crate. I just have to enable it from the raycast that points down and we are golden Smiley
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »

Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic