Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 10:24:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWeapons of Mass Blockstruction
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Weapons of Mass Blockstruction  (Read 4120 times)
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 12:31:48 PM »

Antivirus bombs explode when they hit viruses (just like real antiviral medicine).  They help you try and fight off the virus, because I thought the virus was a bit too strong.  I thought antivirus bombs might make virus trivial, but they don't, one a virus has spread too much there there isn't much that can stop it.  Antivirus bombs really only slow down the virus, or stop it before it spreads.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

Added in an event system to the thing that randomly picks which block to use.  This lets me do a bunch of cool things like make bombs come in when you get up to a certain score to reward you, or maybe placing viruses to punish you when you do something wrong.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »

Made another

of viruses, antivirus bombs, and something else I just added, metal and electricity.  Electricity will be used to power things like lasers later in the game.  Viruses aren't until the end of the video, and some parts of the video are sped up because they take a long time to spread.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »

Changed how the score keeper things font and colour to make it look better, and added in instructions on the side.  I like how the instructions look.

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »

I have to say I liked the earliest font the most, at least for numbers. Readable at a glance while having a cozy digital feel. The new one looks more like a "default font".

The instructions took a moment to parse, but that's all it takes until they've done their job.

It's important that the "next block" element is where it's needed the most, as it's the most useful one during gameplay. If the player can afford to take a look at it just before placing the current block, the bottom is alright, and can be seen nicely from the corner of one's eye.

This is just nitpicking, though, and one can probably get stuck on tweaking these things endlessly.
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 04:11:21 PM »

I have to say I liked the earliest font the most, at least for numbers. Readable at a glance while having a cozy digital feel. The new one looks more like a "default font".
The new font is much less readable (and some numbers are pretty ugly), I was trying to make it look more like the letters in the instructions.  I changed it to something that is a mixture of the new one and the old digital one, so hopefully it's better.

It's important that the "next block" element is where it's needed the most, as it's the most useful one during gameplay. If the player can afford to take a look at it just before placing the current block, the bottom is alright, and can be seen nicely from the corner of one's eye.
Good point about it being the most useful.  I think the bottom is the best place for it because you are always looking at your blocks which are on the bottom, but putting it at the top might work too because that's where all blocks come from.  I'll have to try it out.

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 11:59:08 AM »

This looks great Smiley
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

Ever consider a PSM version?  Shrug

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »

Ever consider a PSM version?  Shrug
I'm assuming that's PlayStation Mobile?  I never really considered it...
The game is made in AS3 with FlashPunk, so I could use Adobe Air, would that work with PlayStation Mobile?

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »

Right now PSM is only C# and Unity.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »

I made a playtesting thread with a playable build for this game.  Please play and give feedback(It's really helpful).

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »

Added a title screen with instructions and made the game area smaller so that the game is more fast paced and doesn't drag on and on forever.  Also made it display at 3x pixel size, but I might try to bring it back to 2x and change the block sizes or something.

Edit: I decided to just make the game smaller and keep it at 2x size.  It's a little small but I don't like it at 3x and I don't have to redo all the sprites.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »

Yes but when can I have it
//
In my pocket

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »

Title screen!  It would nicer if the title was only one line but it's too long and won't fit.

Yes but when can I have it
//
In my pocket

I have no idea but hopefully soon.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic