Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 06:52:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations3d Artist looking for a Crack Programmer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3d Artist looking for a Crack Programmer  (Read 3374 times)
CobraMode
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2013, 07:57:28 AM »

Hey TIG, I'm an artist. Lately I've been into hand painted textures and 3d art that looks a bit 2d. I know very little about game play design, but I'd like to just rapidly concept some stuff with people, and start feeling it all out. Most of all, I love working on and thinking about games, and I hope to meet a programmer with the same passion.

I make game art all the time, and I'm really dedicated to my projects, but every time I try to collaborate with someone, we come up with some fun ideas together, and I make a ton of art, but the programmer never does ANY WORK AT ALL, then a month later I sadly have to give the project up. This happens over and over to me. I reallllllly want to collaborate and make a game with someone who loves making games.

I'm chill, and I've shipped several commercial games that have been released retail, steam, etc. but I'm interested in smaller creative projects.

Random works in progress from a few recent projects:

Little girl witch platformer stuff.

2d looking 3d lumberjack!

Gnomish trucker simulator.
This stuff is pretty early, and sparse, but you get the idea.

So, hey, if you love games and making games, and are a programmer, let's make something.

This tiger emoticon is cute  Tiger

ink.inc
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:06:01 AM »

oh my gooooooooooooooooooo
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »

I know, right?  Absolutely amazing artwork!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

doesn't pout enough

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
zez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 06:32:59 AM »

Do you animate as well, or just make saucy models and textures?
Id be down for a trial collaboration on something kinda small, and to see where that takes us.
I write code and do sound (honestly better as a sound guy, but most projects die before they even get there,) and I have a few prototypes that could be fleshed out/made into something awesome.
CobraMode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »

Yeah, I can rig and animate as well, but it's a secondary thing that I simply know out of curiosity. I believe I'll be an at least passable 3d animator, as I did some 2d animation in school, some of the concepts and learning will apply. I've rigged some of the models you see here, but haven't made the animations yet. I've made run cycles for a few other models as practice, but I've never put them into games, so there was no reason to actually keep working on the animation side.

I fully expect to do the animation on any project I'm the artist on, unless it was already planned to be otherwise.

I've got a little project in the works from another private reply to this thread, so at the moment I'll be putting most of my effort into that. In the meantime I'm interested in talking about other ides, and would love to keep talking with talented people, so we can make stuff in the future.

Shoot me A PM, and we can throw some ideas around. If there was an especially small project, which I had a really concrete vision of from the get-go, there is a small possibility I could pull it off right now. Like, all of that lumberjack art I did in a day, because the vision was so solid in my head. It's also most of the art that was needed for the project. I guess it was also fairly simple, but I really like how it turned out.

kokocipher
Level 0

2D Artist & Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »

Those textures are amazing.  You're really good at UV wrapping :0

Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 01:37:55 AM »

Holy cowsauce! I've told my husband/coder about you, your art got our braingoop all excited!

stitch in time is still work.
fucrate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:04:30 PM »

Sent you a PM, in case you're still looking. Awesome work!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic