Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411550 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 07:59:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386374 times)
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1580 on: December 08, 2015, 09:17:26 AM »

That's a lot of details you remember! too bad the name is not there lol. I know it's not the game you're looking for but it almost sounded like you are describing an elder scrolls game. Morrowind starts with you leaving a ship.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 08, 2015, 09:20:35 AM »

thats 100% morrowind there.
Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1582 on: December 08, 2015, 10:03:53 AM »

Holy crap, that was fast! I looked it up, and if my eyes and/or memory don't fool me, that's the very game I wanted to know the name of.
Thanks.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1583 on: December 08, 2015, 10:17:29 AM »

hah I don't know why I assumed it wasn't Morrowind.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1584 on: December 16, 2015, 10:55:20 AM »

Death Rally? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Rally

I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of an indie game that's in early access style development. It's a kind of programming game that uses vector wireframe graphics and you have to make neural networks or something? It looked really cool but I forgot the name and I wanted to check it out again. I think Colin Northway tweeted about it once but twitter search sucks and I couldn't find it.

Was it a programming game? TIS-100?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1585 on: December 16, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »

Nope, that's not it, either. It's like there's a bunch of particles and you have to program them to connect with each other in certain ways.

Orz
Level 1

"When nothing is done, nothing is left undone."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1586 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19:43 AM »

I read an article in a '90s computer game magazine about a game designed by (I think) Woody Allen.  The gimmick was that everything was based off the movement of a spinner.  There were levels where you use it to move back and forth, there was a rhythm level where you try to spin it at a given rpm, there was a flirting level where you use it like a volume knob to modulate whether you're "coming on too strong", etc.

Probably The Act, which was released a few years ago for iOS.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 21, 2016, 06:01:00 AM »

I'm here for a freeware indie game from around 2008-2010 I guess. It's a 2D side scrolling "shooter" with a female protagonist that was sometimes said to be similar to Deus Ex in a few regards. You are mostly shooting your way around the levels, but they sometimes offer multiple paths, you can go for non-lethal takedowns and I think in some cases talk yourself out of trouble. If I remember correctly you can upgrade all your weapons and find new ones, like a rocket launcher. Also, while you are fighting aliens, the story includes a lot of moral gray area, as I think it's not clear what the motives of the different actors are.
The graphics were composed of comparatively high-res, but rather low-detail 2D drawings, with a bit of a cartoony look.

I think it was actually rather "hyped" around here when it was released but afterwards never really heard of again. Hope you know the game I mean Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 21, 2016, 06:32:10 AM »

Iji
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 21, 2016, 07:55:20 AM »

the original undertale lol

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: January 21, 2016, 08:57:17 AM »

Iji
That's it! Danke Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1591 on: January 26, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »

Played at a conference. Laser pointer directs swarm. Swarm nodes build things, defend against attackers.

jwilliams
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1592 on: February 01, 2016, 03:38:52 AM »

Here's another game which I vaguely remember. I hope one of you guys will know its name.
Ok, so this game is a PC 1st-person 3D game in a medieval/fantasy setting (or something like that), and I remember my older brother playing it. I'm fairly sure its release is between 2000 and 2007, but my memory fails me oftentimes and the game could happen to fall outside that range (probably below 2000).
Here's a list of things I remember:
-When you start the game, you disembark from a ship/boat on a fairly small dock, with a house on the other side and an elderly man waiting for you on the dock. He tells you something, and then you have to follow him into the house.
-There's a part of the game where you're in front of what looks like a "goddess" statue holding a ring, looking like she's gladly giving it to you. Taking the ring triggers a cutscene, and as soon as the cutscene ends, it cuts back to you looking at the goddess' palms, with the ring gone (having just been taken).
-You can use magic spells... or whatever they're called. I can think of at least two, where one allows you to fly (sort of) and the other allows you to breathe underwater. These are displayed as little icons in the HUD when in use (I think the "flying spell" is an upwards-curving arrow in a green box), and they fade away as they wear off.
-There's this huge ass insect/tick/whatever with long legs, which you can climb on top of. There may or may not be a guy on top of it, but by using the giant thing that looks like an insect/tick, you can go someplace else. At least one of these places, if my memory serves correctly, is a little reminiscent of desert towns.
-You can climb rocks, hills and mountains, I think. And you can jump off them and kill yourself if the ground is too far away.
-One might be able to switch to 3rd person perspective, but I'm not sure. I think yes.
-I remember a very particular enemy from the game. It's a human-sized (maybe) pterodactyl-like creature with a long spaded tail . It would come close and fly above you and repeatedly stab you with its tail until you die.
-I'm fairly certain the player character had a sword.
-If I'm correct, there's also a castle or something in the fields. All I remember is that my brother tried to flee from a monster and took shelter between at least 4 brick walls with soldiers or whatever are they called in the Middle Ages, and then they proceeded to attack him and kill him.

I'm not sure but maybe this is Crusaders of Might and Magic.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 01, 2016, 03:47:17 AM »

this was already answered lol, it was morrowind
ecplav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:32 AM »

Ok, I'm trying my luck.

There was this 2D platformer I used to play on my old computer when I was a kid. You played a turtle with a red shell I think. Your enemies were mainly snails and apple worms. You got rid of them by firing your shell at them.

Does that ring a bell to anyone?  
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 08, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

which computer?

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1596 on: February 08, 2016, 07:42:33 PM »

I read an article in a '90s computer game magazine about a game designed by (I think) Woody Allen.  The gimmick was that everything was based off the movement of a spinner.  There were levels where you use it to move back and forth, there was a rhythm level where you try to spin it at a given rpm, there was a flirting level where you use it like a volume knob to modulate whether you're "coming on too strong", etc.

Probably The Act, which was released a few years ago for iOS.

Hey where can I play The Act? I can't find it on iOS or OSX. Their website's download now and links don't work.

ecplav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 09, 2016, 01:52:00 PM »

which computer?

An old Packard Bell, 200 MHz processor, Windows 98.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1598 on: February 12, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »

I thought I asked about this before, but couldnt find any posts from me in this topic with Search, so I guess not...?

There is this old, super-simple RTS game with insects. I remember playing it on like a windows 98 pc, or maybe a little bit later. It was downloadable or on a CD, definitely not some sort of browser game.

There were maybe four different teams of insects you could pick, all with their own sets of bugs. There was a pillbug or ladybug with a little machinegun on its shell.
The art style wasn't even as goofy or cartoony as the above description sounds, it was very humble-looking in-game, though if it had cover art it wouldn't surprise me if it looked super goofy there. The bugs were just bugs, not like anthropomorphic or super cartoony, just bugs that happen to be equipped as if they were little tanks and hummvees.
I think the point of view of the game was completely 90 degrees top-down.

I don't think you could construct buildings at all, only produce units and gather resources? It was as simple an RTS as it could be. If you could construct buildings it was the simplest little guard tower type things.
I think there was up to four or maybe six teams going on at once in a map. I dont remember a campaign, just skirmishes against CPU and tcp/ip matches.

I *think* there were larger neutral bugs you could fight and kill for extra resources, but I might be confusing this with the various sim ant-like games, that might be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:13:02 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 12, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »

Swarm Assault?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic