Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 07:28:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIndie Game-Concept Album from Tom Vine & LCTR
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Game-Concept Album from Tom Vine & LCTR  (Read 2838 times)
evanlctr
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know about a project developer Tom Vine (Paraoxysm, Plasma Warrior) has been working on with myself and my band, Last Chance to Reason.

The idea is to create an interactive progressive metal concept album (a hellish 2D Rez perhaps?). The game is on-rails shooter with lots of platforming elements and the music tells the story as you progress.

Although the music portion is done, the game is still early in development. We appreciate any support you can give us as we continue to work hard on this project!

Here's a teaser trailer-

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:25:24 AM »

I can barely make out the game through the lens of that video, sadly. It's interestingly edited, but I don't think it achieves its purpose.

I don't dislike the idea of a metal-inspired platforming shooter, though. Good luck.

evanlctr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »

thanks man- we'll be posting more video soon showing off more clear gameplay. Here's an early screen to tide you over:

ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »

This is a really cool idea actually...  I am not that much into music, but I would definitely give this a go if I could.  When I play games, I am either interested in just relaxing and playing one that is mindless, or playing one which has a good story.  It sounds like this project will fall into the latter category Hand Thumbs Up Left

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »

Sounds like an awesome idea, I liked the trailer.  It was a bit difficult to make out exactly what the gameplay was like but I think that its okay.  It was kind of like a more obscure trailer , makes it a bit more mysterious.  But the idea sounds really great!

evanlctr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 05:41:23 PM »

Hey thanks for the feedback guys! much appreciated.

invisibleman- I'm glad you said that. The story is definitely something I'm excited about since it is told completely through the music, lyrics and on screen action.

Caliber 9-Glad you liked the trailer and you totally got the idea. We wanted to keep it obscure, get people talking. There is plenty to be revealed as we progress!
evanlctr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »

We're starting a development blog on this project. The first post is already up and more are already on their way!
http://lastchancetoreason.wordpress.com
evanlctr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »

Hey guys I thought I'd give a little update on this. LCTR will be touring throughout July and August. If all goes to plan we'll have the game in beta running live in sync with the band. Here are the tour dates announced thus far, there are more to come with the band Iron Thrones.

Jul 9 2010  Broadway Joe's    Buffalo, NY    
Jul 11 2010 Rose Point Party Barn    New Castle, PA    
Jul 12 2010 Colonial Lanes and Rec Center    Elizabeth, PA    
Jul 13 2010 Aliquippa VFW    Aliquippa, PA    
Jul 14 2010 The Dungeon    Williamsport, PA    
Jul 15 2010 Bogie's    Albany, NY    
Jul 17 2010 El N' Gee    New London, CT    
Jul 18 2010 Dover Brickhouse    Dover, NH    
Jul 24 2010 Voices Rock Club    Lowell, Ma

In addition you can support our game-development by picking up a LCTR "LEVEL 2" t-shirt at http://www.shopbenchmark.com/lastchancetoreason

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic