Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:25:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOrton and the Princess
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Orton and the Princess  (Read 1131 times)
Chman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »

Hello,

Here's a little "ironic platformer" I made last week end to learn Flixel and AS3. There are 18 levels, two different endings and lots of hidden stuff. The game is very short, actually if you rush through the game you can finish it under 2 minutes.

Note : running the game on Mac/Firefox is not recommended (jumping issues, so you can't get past the fourth level).

No instruction needed, a tutorial is included. Best played with a gamepad, obviously. Along with Flixel, I used Ogmo to create levels (tilemaps, collision map, objects and scripted events). Very nice editor, I recommend it, although it's a bit buggy sometimes.

Oh, one last thing : this game can be very frustrating, but if you're used to platformers, it's relatively easy. Don't forget to turn your speakers on, music is part of the experience Wink

Keep in mind that this game was made as an exercise to learn AS3/Flixel, so it's not supposed to be a full featured-awesome-marvelous platformer, but seeing how it was received on RockPaperShotgun, I thought I should post it here Smiley

Have fun !
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:13:41 AM »

I played this last night, while drunk. Then the game taunted me as if I was drunk (I was). How did it know that?

I thought it was pretty awesome, especially liked the garbage thrower thing.
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 01:25:12 AM »

Nice little game. Thank you!
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:11:39 AM »

hehe nice game, enjoyable! Maybe next time you would like to post a screenshot of the actual game and not just the title screen, that doesn't tell much.  Coffee

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic