Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:18:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7296245 times)
sonder
« Reply #31180 on: May 11, 2016, 12:55:41 PM »

do go on

dog gone

i thought furries were supposed to be all cuddly and unapologetically garish

i am intrigued by this new flavor of jaded, post modern furry

someone should do a Lorde music video, but with furries
HyMyNameIsMatt
Level 1

Vernal Edge

View Profile
« Reply #31181 on: May 11, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »

I got to work on a small game recently and had a ton of fun doing it.

Bonus spider:

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31182 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »

A little wip

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31183 on: May 12, 2016, 07:03:48 PM »

Yay, finished it!

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31184 on: May 12, 2016, 11:51:24 PM »

Pretty cool! The blur's a bit odd because it's just kinda "smear-y", and the actual shapes don't move fast or far enough for them to be blurring. Also, the beak doesn't change the shape of the head when it turns. It's not bad, though. Nice work.

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #31185 on: May 13, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »

Haven't seen much Litten arts.

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31186 on: May 13, 2016, 09:25:54 AM »

Pretty cool! The blur's a bit odd because it's just kinda "smear-y", and the actual shapes don't move fast or far enough for them to be blurring. Also, the beak doesn't change the shape of the head when it turns. It's not bad, though. Nice work.

Thanks for the feedback! :D I kinda ignored the beak thing and head shape on purpose while I was at it, hehehehe (you know, too many hours working, sleep deprived, that kind of thing). But I'm confused about the smear-y thing, I mean, aren't blurs meant to be smear-y?

sonder
« Reply #31187 on: May 13, 2016, 10:50:05 AM »

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31188 on: May 13, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »

@kidfingers - Wow, nice work. Looks pretty cool for such low resolution. I think you could do more with the colors you've chosen to portray the shape of the sand dunes and water waves (though I don't think I can do ocean waves to save my life, haha). Nice clouds in particular.

@maruki

I meant that the smears look random, like just streaks across his face, as opposed to the colors blurring because they're moving so far in such little time.

Like, think of a hammer, swung from the handle. If you apply motion blur, it should be heaviest on the hammer head (as that's moving the most), with far less blur on the handle, and basically none on the base of the handle (as that part moves the least). The blur applied shouldn't generally be "streaking" (it just looks kinda odd, to me, when people do this, but maybe it's just a personal opinion).

Here's a good example in the GBA Mario Superstar game. Notice how Luigi swinging his hammer is super motion-blurred, but it's controlled. Maybe it's personal opinion, again, but here, the blur is composed of solid blobs of color, rather than individual, pixel-large streaks. The blur of each element of his sprite (his shoes, the hammerhead, etc) stretches as far as each element should move between the previous frame and the next one (so the blur isn't all over the sprite; just the necessary area with possibly a little bit extra as emphasis). In another sprite on that sheet, where he swings the stick alone, nothing else is blurred, because the stick's the only thing that's moving.

For the blur on your sprite to move like that, it's like it's made up of individual parts that are moving at different rates, rather than a single, solid object (the Pokemon's head).

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31189 on: May 13, 2016, 12:39:17 PM »

@SolarLune

Thanks! I see it now. There are a couple of things I can to do improve it and make it less smeary and more blurry - I'll do it when I have the time.
I saw that in this tweet you actually used what you just showed me: just the janitor's hand is blurred, not the entire arm; also, the blur is not made of streaks, but from a solid blob of color.
Thanks again for taking your time to explain!

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31190 on: May 13, 2016, 06:13:51 PM »

I made this one for a client, using an style already defined.

eliasfrost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31191 on: May 14, 2016, 05:37:55 AM »

Conker
« Reply #31192 on: May 16, 2016, 02:29:48 PM »

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #31193 on: May 16, 2016, 11:31:15 PM »

Here's another week's worth of pixel fonts Smiley
Again, my Twitter link is in my signature if you wanna follow along each day.

I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts, critiques or otherwise Smiley

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #31194 on: May 16, 2016, 11:57:34 PM »

Bottom right I still understand none of it, tough language.

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #31195 on: May 17, 2016, 08:32:13 AM »

I want ask one question... I have been creating Autumn forest metroidvania platformer tiles for 2 two weeks now and just two days ago I was creating underwater tiles for the Autumn forest to add variety to level.... And somehow I created Decent looking corals, sand and sea plants... But I forgot that theme belongs to tropical and beach.... So my question is it Ok not being realistic? I really dont want restart the underwater tiles from start and there is not going to be any tropical place in the game.... The decent looking tiles would be waste and even tough they belong to different theme.. It still fits with the rest of the tiles.

Sorry no pic right now because I dont wanna show unfinished work... Im gonna only show 100% finished piece this time..
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #31196 on: May 17, 2016, 09:24:45 AM »

For an alien planet I'd think that would make it more interesting to see something unlikely like that. It sounds like it would be cool but I guess it depends how it looks and what it does to the tone and atmosphere of the area.

Its very stylized.. Its fits very well with the water color etc.. I will show when Im done with these tiles ..The game itself is not realistic.. The world is like Super mario....Weird looking mountain... Flat Cliff that has patterns etc.. Colar, sand looks generic but stylized.
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #31197 on: May 17, 2016, 09:49:33 AM »

I feel like the best games are the ones that don't try to be too realistic.  I think it's fine having out of place stuff as long as it looks good.  And your art is insane, so I'm sure it looks fantastic.

Maybe you could mix other themes into the different areas in your game as well.  Would certainly give it charm

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #31198 on: May 17, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »

I feel like the best games are the ones that don't try to be too realistic.  I think it's fine having out of place stuff as long as it looks good.  And your art is insane, so I'm sure it looks fantastic.

Maybe you could mix other themes into the different areas in your game as well.  Would certainly give it charm

Thank u bro! One of many thing Super metroid has taught me that the areas needs variety.. At least 3 or 4 different theme mixed in one area... Also Your Rangers scene has give me a lot of inspiration.. I really want make the area feels like alive.. Im going to put a lot of small details.. Buttefly, Lilys, Birds, even ducks in the surface of water..
Sentionaut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31199 on: May 17, 2016, 12:14:33 PM »

It's been almost two years since I last did some pixel art, so I made a knight to see if I can still handle it.
I've been a bit slow this time, but I'm happy with the result. Maybe I should animate the cape Smiley

Original size:

x2:

Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic