Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:53:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkComposer looking for some fun.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Composer looking for some fun.  (Read 1965 times)
vinceap
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »

I'm Vince. I've been composing for just under a decade now and would love the opportunity to add to a video game. My style usually has a lot of brass, strings and other pieces of orchestra with a dash of techno sometimes making an appearance. I'd love to delve into a new universe and fill it with an emotional landscape. It is my dream. One day I hope to make a living off of scoring, be it film or video game work. I've been paid in the past and can't tell you how unbelievable it feels to eat food earned through crafted sound.

You can get an idea of my sound through my most recent doings here : www.soundcloud.com/vince-parrish

If you'd like to contact me for anything, feel free to shoot me an email at: [email protected]

Thanks for reading!
MPRart
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 06:25:48 AM »

I just checked out your work, really great stuff.
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »

Well, this video game would need an artist, right? Ditto everything in the op, but with art instead of crafted sound. My specialty is vector art, but I can switch things up and try my hand at pixel art as well. What say you OP? All we'd need is a coder, maybe!
vinceap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »

Thanks so much for the compliment MPRart.

Guildenstern I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Like we should team up for a game? I'd love to if that's the case :D
VortexCortex
Level 2

Engram Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »

Wow, that's a really interesting musical style you have.

It would really work well in the type of game we're making over in the TIG Cooperative: A collaborative cluster of creation, with every last type of setting you can think to create.

For an overview of the main themes/settings check this post.

Ours is an ambitious project, and we recognize that massive collaborations such as these are typically ripped asunder by the chaotic force of a millions minds;  However, this is a project that will succeed where many others have failed not because we are better than any who have tried before, nay, we shall prevail because that which has been a great weakness to others is our greatest strength.  Where others balk at differences in style, narrative or theme, we actively embrace them.

Well, this video game would need an artist, right? Ditto everything in the op, but with art instead of crafted sound. My specialty is vector art, but I can switch things up and try my hand at pixel art as well. What say you OP? All we'd need is a coder, maybe!

I can code for every current platform, and many which have long since become extinct;  Currently I'm tackling the Internet itself since it's blossoming into a viable platform, but I can wrangle restless native code with ease as well; And just let me tell you: That is precisely what I'm doing! (web front end / C back end, with plans and allowance made for alternative native clients in C and/or Java).

If you could stand working in a procedurally generated open world inspired by roguelikes -- but not beholden to them -- where any may stake their claim and reshape the world to craft their tales, then we'd be glad to have you in our company as well.

Ours is a journey that has just begun. Like the fabled level 1 Protagonists of any arduous journey, any assistance would be greatly appreciated -- It's dangerous to go alone!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:38:35 PM by VortexCortex » Logged

Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 10:43:28 PM »

Yeah man, alright, pm me with details of what you want rendered and i'll try and put some magic out onto canvas

it helps to know things like sizes and file types needed and whether you can work with layers or if you even know what any of that means

half of it I  don't know what it means so maybe we do some googlin'

figure it out

and make a cool freakin game!!!
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 11:53:48 AM »

Should we make a side scroller? Ever played Wonder Boy in Monster Land? Maximo?

I was imagining that the red orbs allow the main character to jump higher, blue orbs give him more hp or faster sword swing or something, and yellow ones make him move physically faster or maybe there could be even more colors. Just some ideas, me playing around. What do we want to make?
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »

Alrgiht so to give you an example of how i work, here's a more refined version of the same idea

And the abilities menu:

AndI can keep sleeking them up and making them look cooler, I was thinking about making bubble slabs for them, like in this example:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7599/appletini2.gif
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »

Still just refining the ideas a bit. Uh... let me know if you guys decide on a genre of game so I can get to work! I think if we make some mockups we could even start a kickstarter for it.
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »

I fixed up the water a bit. My next project will be making the trees less cruddy. Unless I hear back from the coder soon! Please stop me from working on this if you're not able to do it!

Maybe the OP and I should put up an ad for a coder!
vinceap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 04:48:09 PM »

Hey guys just wanted to update. I've added a few songs of current projects to my soundcloud so you can get an idea of the quality.

www.soundcloud.com/vince-parrish

Thanks so much for viewing/listening/tacos.

-V
vinceap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »

/shameless bump
advsnoob
Level 0

C10 Studio: Lead Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 01:16:13 AM »

Your songs are amazing! We are looking for a composer and would love to have you on the team! message me a way to contact you and we can talk.

I prefer skype but anything will do Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic