Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 12:33:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS  (Read 20696 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »

*Investigates mutilated corpse*
You roll a 20D in order to determine your accuracy at the investigation. Your roll fails, since this game doesn't have investigation skills nor any other RPG stats. Your pals give you an ashamed look at you.

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »

"There's nothing in this corpse. Now stop looking at me! So anybody saw something?"

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
wademcgillis
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2011, 01:55:10 PM »

I vote myself as interrogator. Grin

Mikademus looks a little creepy. (I think?)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »

"CRAP!" the Game Master exclaims. It seems he forgot to state that people couldn't vote for themselves, but alas, it is too late, so the GM will surely have to suck it up and abide. He throws his hats in disgust.

wademcgillis
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »

"CRAP!" the Game Master exclaims. It seems he forgot to state that people couldn't vote for themselves, but alas, it is too late, so the GM will surely have to suck it up and abide. He throws his hats in disgust.

Cheesy
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »

Mikademus looks a little creepy. (I think?)

*Stops poking in the corpse*

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Ashkin
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

((So, right now we have to elect an interrogator?))
"Well, this is distressing, to say the least."
"I guess we need some order around here if we want to solve this problem. Shall we elect some form of interrogator?"
wademcgillis
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »

"Well, this is distressing, to say the least."
"I guess we need some order around here if we want to solve this problem. Shall we elect some form of interrogator?"

Indeed good sir! If we are to proceed with this most excellent idea good sir, I henceforth elect myself as the interrogator, as I am a fan of the Earth species "Alligator."
Ashkin
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »

"I shall wait until more people show up to cast my vote. We can't be alone here, I'm sure there are more people wandering among the wreckage."
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 03:26:45 PM »

What travesty! May our all powerful and just God shine his light upon Alevice.

Meanwhile, we've got more important things to do, maggots! Let's get to work, and form an orderly state of affairs! There is obviously a wicked heathen, a damned criminal, in our very midst!

Obviously, we must promptly discover who this murderer is, and bring them to justice. While the Emperor may smite heathens with his almighty wrath, he also shines brightly upon those who fend for themselves!

We have no clue who is possibly trustworthy or not, as of now! Unless someone can bring evidence of their purity before our Glorious and All-Knowing Emperor, and show that they are worthy of the post of interrogator, then we are at a stall!

Get assembled, folks! Inquire into everyone else you see, and drill them for information! For instance:

Mikademus! Are you a damned corpse-fucker, or are you a coroner of some sort? Knowing you have skills along those lines would be greatly helpful, but of course, we'd need evidence! Provide it!

Wade! Stop fucking around! If I see one more iota of nonsense blabbering from your lips, I will close them! Permanently!

Ashkin, good to see promptitude before the Lord of All Humanity, Our Emperor, but it appears that election is impossible as of now!

Landshark! Democracy is a sham for the communist atheists! Why trust the godless masses, when there are those who walk in the path of the Righteous and All-Powerful Emperor! Obviously the first thing that should be done is to determine who is righteous!

Now, let's all get to work! Provide your authentication and identity, up-front and stat!

I am an Acolyte of the Almighty Ruler of Human-kind, Our Invincible and Exalted God-Emperor! My duty is to protect you grunts, and make sure we get out of this alive!
wademcgillis
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 03:44:12 PM »

I think that good sir Inanimate is lying. Durr...? Please don't ban me.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »

The Game Master replies "((Not necesarily, but take in consideration that tomorrow at 8pm gmt-6 a warp storm is forecasted, no matter wether you all picked up an interrogator for this Calm or not))"

Ashkin
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »

The Game Master replies "((Not necesarily, but take in consideration that tomorrow at 8pm gmt-6 a warp storm is forecasted, no matter wether you all picked up an interrogator for this Calm or not))"
((So... 28 hours from now? GMT-6 is the forum clock, right? I think we should go by the forum clock.))
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »

((Forum clock differs based on your personal settings. And 25 hrs from now))

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »

Of course, this could just as easily be a ruse to get us to reveal our roles so the Heretics can have their pick of the litter. And who knows if there could be assassins in our midst, ready to pick us off at their leisure. We really should keep these details in whispers with only those we trust...

I, for one, had nothing to do with this mess. Take that at whatever length you can possibly throw it.
PaleFox
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2011, 07:00:44 PM »

I'm in favor of revealing our positions. Certainly people might lie, but a lie tells you more than nothing, does it not? And, as a Penitent of the Holy Inquisition, I need to know who to protect; otherwise I will just have to protect myself, yes?

Frankly, insisting you can't tell anyone is more suspicious than anything else. You are not doing yourself any favors in my eyes. Perhaps we DO need an inquisitor after all. I vote for Acolyte Inanimate in lieu of any other trustworthy options.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2011, 07:10:37 PM »

Crowe is touched by the light of Our Omniscient Emperor, and thus sees reasoning! I thank you for your well-intentioned gesture, Crowe, but as I said, the misotheist democratic rationalism is not required here. What we need is STRENGTH and POWER, which the All-Glorious and Prudent Emperor gives to his faithful followers!

We need all the information we can get, to fight the chaotic infidels! A lie is better than nothing, and if we can determine who has what skills to offer to the table, we will surely be able to hunt down the heathen, and bring him to justice!

As an Acolyte, I will also have to be stationed on guard-duty outside the domicile of a fellow soldier of the Emperor, and I would like to know who deserves my attention!

Yet, SirNiko has a point! For, if our most important roles get revealed, they will become walking targets to the godless monsters of the chaos. Therefore, I'd advise to share your role with a trusted fellow warrior of the Emperor!

Ashkin
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »

"I agree with Sir Niko. To share our roles is to invite the heretics to attack those of us that could oppose them, making us 'sitting ducks', if you will. I do, however, find your eagerness to lay our roles bare very suspicious, Inanimate. Though, judging by your faith in the emperor, I am sure that this is just misplaced suspicion."
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »

I do not intend to lay the roles bare, Ashkin! I simply wish to determine of who I must protect - this does not mean revealing details. I will protect myself unless given evidence to sway my opinions.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »

What if we tell you our role, and then you don't want to protect us?  Noir
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic