Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411605 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 03:56:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessObtaining an optimistic 'expression of interest'
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Obtaining an optimistic 'expression of interest'  (Read 838 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »

I have a mostly finished game that I'm planning on selling on the app store, but in order to get funding to finish this game I need to get an 'expression of interest' from potential customers, So I'm wondering what you guys think is the best way to get a lot of people to half-heartedly pretend they care about a game without it getting flooded by criticism and random spam?

The only ideas I've had so far are things like a facebook fan page, which can simply get a number of likes that I can quote (and no dislikes, since facebook doesn't offer that) so any number would look positive, but I know exactly how popular facebook fan pages are with gamers and it would most likely produce a much more embarrassed unhelpful number of 'likes' than actually helping my case.
I would post something in the dev diaries of this forum, but those are more a place for fellow developers to show off how much better they are by dishing out all the criticism they can (or at least that's what I do)
So any other ideas?

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:46:08 AM »

The most classic way to do it is to expose some material or demo of the game and then ask in a poll if people would want to buy the full game, whatever it means.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »

I think that's some good advice, since I don't really have any proper gameplay footage I banged together a quick site which has some in game images and enables people to join the mailing list, you can see it here; http://www.kingdomscollide.com/stampede/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic