Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 10:26:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNeed feedback on our cyberpunk game Crash Point before we put it on kickstarter!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need feedback on our cyberpunk game Crash Point before we put it on kickstarter!  (Read 442 times)
CrashPointGame
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »

Hi TIGSource,

We're making a cyberpunk metroidvania called Crash Point. We just launched our website and development blog at http://www.crashpointgame.com. We don't have any videos to show you yet but there's lots of info and pictures up. We're newcomers to the scene so we don't have a big community to reach out to. During development of our game we want to be very interactive with our audience so that we can make a game that's exciting for people. We're going to put our game up on kickstarter pretty soon, but before we do that we want to talk to people about what they like and don't like so far.

Here's a few pictures so you can get a feel for the game, and if you like what you see please check out the website. And if you don't like what you see tell us about that too!

Thanks for your time!

-The Crash Point Dev Team
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »

While I think what you've got looks cool, do you think you have enough to sell someone on a Kickstarter? An unproven developer with some art doesn't exactly build confidence in potential donaters.  Best of luck!

DISCLAIMER: I absolutely hate Kickstarter
CrashPointGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »

I definitely agree with your assessment that what we have so far doesn't exactly instill confidence. When we launch the kickstarter we will have a video of about a minute of gameplay from various parts of the game. Hopefully that will give potential backers a better idea of what we want them to fund. But we want to talk to people even before we have that video up to start getting feedback, like your feedback, because it's all very helpful.
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »

Great! Just wanted to make sure you had a fair bit to show, what I have seen looks promising!  Definitely contact (personally) as many journalists as possible, I as someone who's only been making shaky prototypes for a few months have managed to get in touch and receive feedback with some pretty high up people.  Twitter is definitely your friend!
Once again, good luck
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic