Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411708 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 03:20:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe return to Cucken: Awakening. NOW RELEASED!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The return to Cucken: Awakening. NOW RELEASED!  (Read 691 times)
soyyo2
Level 0

soyyo-robot

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2013, 06:42:23 AM »

Play it!!!

This is a remake of another game, The Return to Cucken. It took me almost 10 months to finish it because I couldn't spend much time developing it Sad.

Whatever, now it's finished; I did lots of testing but I'd like to get some more feedback over the internet so I feel a bit more secure before releasing it.

The game is kinda short and easy, so if you are a super-hardcore platformer player, you'll beat it in less than 10 minutes.

I'm using newground's project system to restrict access to the game. I'm doing this to have control over how many people play it, if you would like to try it out just tell me your Newgrounds username -post here or PM me- and I'll invite you.

Some screenshots:

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:01:20 PM by soyyo2 » Logged

ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »

My Newgrounds username is InvisibleMan5.

soyyo2
Level 0

soyyo-robot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »

Released it! Link in the Opening post!

Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 03:31:35 PM »

Nice Game, I enjoyed it (completed it in about 10 mins).

I like the art style and the "Z jumping" mechanic. The levels are quite well done (it actually teaches you the various Z powers without any text, very good), but the game is too short. After mastering the first levels, we would like to see more complicated levels (I enjoyed the ones that combined both green and blue powers). So I'm looking forward for episode 2 Smiley.

One complaint though: the blue enemy that flies and attack you is a bit annoying because you have to be very precise whit your jumps to kill it. I think you should make it a little bit slower because sometimes it feels punishing to restart a level 5 or 6 times so to find THE moment to jump and kill the guy.

Anyway, very good job on this game!

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Ankmannen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 01:10:40 AM »

Very nice job on the game! I love the game mechanics and it's easy to learn. Continue to polish it and it will be a great game!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic