Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 07:09:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFork() - First person puzzle game (prototype)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fork() - First person puzzle game (prototype)  (Read 770 times)
Serk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »

Description:
Fork() is a first person puzzle game in which you'll need to collaborate with yourself in order to overcome the map's challenges.

I put together this early prototype in a week. I'm looking for honest feedback, specially about the core concept of the game, to decide whether or not I should keep working on it. Do you find it interesting? Would you play more of it? What about the difficulty?, etc...

Download from:
www.wired-weasel.com/misc/fork/ForkDemo.zip

Controls:
WASD + Mouse: Move and aim
Left click: Interact with switches, pick up and drop objects
Right click: Reset current timeline
E: Restart level from scratch

Screenshots:

Known issues:
- There are collision bugs with some of the moving objects
- Picking up objects can sometimes be a bit frustrating
- Movement is quite "floaty"
- All the art is placeholder programmer art
- There is no sound

Thanks!

poe
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »

Is this made in source?
Serk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »

Is this made in source?

No, it's made in Unity

SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

I liked it!

I played a game like this a long time ago featuring a black and white isometric map and a cursor. You had some sort of limited amount of time before your mouse died, then you'd be back at the start, but your previous life would go about and do the same things. I forgot exactly what it was, but it was quite like this (although more rudimentary and a bit less fun).

I couldn't really figure out the puzzle where you apparently need to duplicate a tube, and it felt like I was cheating on the closing doors one. (I had a clone deposit the tube in front of the door, I waited for it to show up and the doors closed ON me, but I could move around in them (some sort of clipping bug, I guess))

I'd keep playing it if I could continue on.
Serk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 02:44:47 AM »

I played a game like this a long time ago featuring a black and white isometric map and a cursor. You had some sort of limited amount of time before your mouse died, then you'd be back at the start, but your previous life would go about and do the same things. I forgot exactly what it was, but it was quite like this (although more rudimentary and a bit less fun).

I don't know that game, I'll try to search it and give it a try.

I couldn't really figure out the puzzle where you apparently need to duplicate a tube, and it felt like I was cheating on the closing doors one. (I had a clone deposit the tube in front of the door, I waited for it to show up and the doors closed ON me, but I could move around in them (some sort of clipping bug, I guess))

Yes, there are collision bugs with the moving objects, such as those doors. Once fixed, they'll either push you one side or the other, but you won't be able to stand inside them.

Thanks for playing it!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic